I can't think of a better topic for the diverse Wilco fan base than race.

I saw this Rolling Stone article today in which Geraldo Rivera was quoted as follows:

"Hip-hop has done more damage to black and brown people than racism in the last 10 years," Rivera said. "When you find the youngster, a Puerto Rican from the South Bronx or a black kid from Harlem, who has succeeded in life other than being the one-tenth of one-tenth of one percent that make it in the music business, that's been a success in life walking around with his pants around his ass or with visible tattoos."

Link to Article

discuss, politely.

This is definitely racist:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/18/racist-chelsea-fans-push-black-man-paris-metro

To me as an American, the racism in European football is so surreal. Try to imagine someone throwing a banana at a black athlete in an American stadium. I doubt that many people would know what it meant. They would just say, "Hey, some dude threw a banana on the field. What the hell is that about?". Actual racist chanting from the stands would result in a stadium brawl. Imagine watching ESPN and seeing a group of, say, traveling Cub fans repeatedly push a black man out of the subway while making racist chants. You wouldn't believe it. We have the stain of slavery affecting our society much worse than any European nation, but the overt display of racism seems to be less here.

Yes, identify the fans, but FIFA, UEFA and the national football associations have to start seriously punishing the clubs for their supporters. Not financially, but losing points in league tables and forfeiting games in competitions.Fair or not, it's the only way to effectively combat such disgraceful behavior.