"Billions" Wilco reference

On the Showtime series "Billions" last night there was a chunk of dialog about Wilco. It was bizarre in that it was so wrong IMO. The upshot was that the Tweedy/Bennett duo was the pinnacle of the band and that Wilco is still keeping on despite it ending, and kind of inferred that Jay died in part because it ended. Really weird. Missed the mark 100%. Still, cool to see Wilco infect pop culture though.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/12/arts/television/billions-the-oath-recap.html?_r=0

"Their conversations are fascinating, wending from the source of the pilot’s dominant handshake, to her desire to leave our doomed planet, to the finer points of Jeff Tweedy’s collaboration with Jay Bennett in Wilco. This episode may, in fact, be Wendy’s best outing of the season to date, but that only underscores her value to the show, which hasn’t been fully exploited. In the end, she turns down an offer to commit to the space project, making the subplot entirely self-contained and disposable. She’s still a character without a home."

I agree with the NY Times opinion:

"• And, finally, let us note, contrary to Wendy’s assertion, that there was plenty of creative life to Wilco after the Tweedy-Bennett partnership ended, just as Tweedy found a new sense of purpose with Wilco itself after ending his partnership with Jay Farrar in Uncle Tupelo. One might counsel the writers of “Billions” to give “A Ghost is Born” and “Sky Blue Sky’ another spin. Wilco didn’t peak with “Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.” It evolved."

• Like 1

It was great.....I don't think it was that far off the truth as far as Bennett issues but yes we all know Wilco did evolve after YHF but pretty cool that the writer (or whoever came up with this scene) had the Jeff and Jay story.

We should come up with list of references in shows and movie (not just when they play as song but when they actually talk about it).

Other one I remember with How I met Your Mother (the threesome episode).