We are regular estate sale attendees and have had some successful moments of making good finds. High on my list of things to look for are vinyl, books and tools. Last Saturday offered no disappointment. Started looking thru some stacks of records and bam, got a mint copy of Marty Robbins 1959 iconic pink album, Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs. A few more flips thru the stack and bam, found the 1960 follow up release More Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs. After that, out from left field comes Missing Person's 1982 debut album (it was the only rock album in the stack). Then the Flatt and Scruggs 1969 re-release of their 1960 album, again in surprisingly good shape. Each album was $2. Who doesn't like it when pawing thru the stacks pays off?

How about you, any good finds at estate sales/garage sales?

I bought my piano at an estate sale. $400 plus having to pay to move it 3 blocks to my house (another $150). My kid had been wanting to take lessons for a while, so it was quite the coup. Not a great piano, but good enough for our purposes. He stopped taking lessons (moved on to violin), but still plunks around on it occasionally.

I bought my piano at an estate sale. $400 plus having to pay to move it 3 blocks to my house (another $150). My kid had been wanting to take lessons for a while, so it was quite the coup. Not a great piano, but good enough for our purposes. He stopped taking lessons (moved on to violin), but still plunks around on it occasionally.

They make nice coat hangers, too.