Holy shit -- SLOW!!!

This is the best damn news I've heard all day!

Even better that they're actually going to have new music out after 35 years!

https://www.straight.com/music/989691/inevitable-fall-and-unlikely-rise-slow

While I'm waiting to hear the new music, you can hear their old music, just (finally) re-released:
https://slow.bandcamp.com/releases

It's like the Vancouver, BC version of the return of Jesus Lizard, only bigger, since they've been gone so much longer.

comparing just about any band to the Jesus Lizard is a fool's errand. nevermind some band no one's ever heard of.

I get your point. Unless you're from Vancouver, where they are legendary. Did you check them out?

I get your point. Unless you're from Vancouver, where they are legendary. Did you check them out?

I definitely don't mean to be a contrarian, just want to point out, I'm from Vancouver/BC and I've never heard anyone talk about them before. I asked an older friend of mine who was playing bass in Vancouver bands in the mid-80s and he'd never heard of them either. But of course, that's just anecdotal. 

I definitely don't mean to be a contrarian, just want to point out, I'm from Vancouver/BC and I've never heard anyone talk about them before. I asked an older friend of mine who was playing bass in Vancouver bands in the mid-80s and he'd never heard of them either. But of course, that's just anecdotal. 

Weird. Everything I've seen points to them being these legendary figures on the scene there.

Did you read the article?

Were they legendary in a Complete sort of way?

The (admittedly few) folks that I know from the area speak of them with reverence, and the couple of articles (from local rags, such as the one that I posted the link to) also speak of them as if they were locally huge, but otherwise unknown.

It's all second-hand information, but I felt confident enough about my sources to speak with certainty. Maybe I was wrong.

Anyway, did you listen to the music? THAT speaks volumes.