Nels Cline 4 - promo video from album announcement

Nels has a new album coming out on Blue Note in a few weeks.  He sent out an announcement today, and included this great video of a live in studio performance.  Here is the announcement and video:

I am proud (and mildly astonished) to announce the release of my quartet The Nels Cline 4's debut album, Currents, Constellations on Blue Note Records, scheduled for April 13th release. Yes! In case you don't know, the band features Julian Lage on electric guitar, Tom Rainey on drums, Scott Colley on bass, and yours truly on electric guitar. It will be available on vinyl, download and even in the arcane format known as compact disc!

Thanks to the gentlemen of The 4, to everyone at Blue Note, and to everyone else (you know who you are) who helped me get it all together for you, the ardent listener.  XO  N

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK_gT1SSqEE

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Also, I recently learned that Don Was is now president of Blue Note. He was on Maron recently.

Yeah, that's how Nels got on Blue Note.  I read an interview with Don some time back. and he said something to the effect that Lovers was a one-album deal with Nels. Apparently the offer has been extended.

Even if  it is half as good as 'Lovers' it will be f*** great!

I was listening to Lovers the other day.  What an amazing achievement.  

I think this new track is my favorite thing I've heard from Nels since "Square King" from The Giant Pin.

• 3 weeks later...