The Sun in California

Written in the Snow

Back of My Mind

Huntington Fair

This Thing That I've Found

August Song

The Answer

The Things We Used to Know

Feel You Now (Johnny Irion - tambourine)

It's Just That Simple (Johnny Irion - slide guitar)

Every Day (Johnny Irion - guitar)

The Swallows of London Town (Johnny Irion - shaker)

We Would Never Die (Johnny Irion - guitar)

Encore:

Sentimental Lady (Bob Welch cover)

A House is Not a Motel (Love cover)

I cannot vouch for the accuracy above - it is to the best of my knowledge of the AD catalogue.

The Opera House in Boothbay Harbor is a classic, coastal, small-town New England venue. Folding chairs. Simple design. Open floor, plus a balcony. Outstanding sound for a place with so much exposed wood.

Johnny Irion played an inspired set to open the show, playing several songs off of his new record. This was the third time that I have seen him, and his performance tonight was equal to, or better than, the previous times.

The Autumn Defense set had a hometown feel, with 75 or so folks in attendance for a pristine-sounding, absolutely lovely show. The second half of the show really lifted off the ground, with Pat playing some ripping leads on We Would Never Die and A House is Not a Motel.

Earlier in the show, John noted that the band members had enjoyed Maine the day before, even though the day's fog meant that they were unable to get out on the ocean in their boat. You had the sense that the band had a great time at John's house the night before (listening to Ry Cooder, or so a social media post said).

If you have a chance to see them on the next few nights of the tour, lucky you.