Tickets are now on sale for World Premiere of WHERE ARE YOU, JAY BENNETT? documentary

• 3 weeks later...
TWO WEEKS FROM TONIGHT in CHICAGO!

The WORLD PREMIERE of Where are you, Jay Bennett? at the amazing Davis Theater.

A feature-length documentary on Jay Bennett, a legendary musician and recording studio savant, who as a member of Wilco, was a large part of the genius behind their three seminal albums (Being There, Summerteeth, and Yankee Hotel Foxtrot -- he co-wrote most of Summerteeth and YHF with Jeff Tweedy), as well as the Mermaid Avenue/Woody Guthrie sessions with Billy Bragg. Bennett went on to a critically acclaimed solo career, before dying tragically at the age of 45.

Get your tickets now...

Wilco fans...one week from tonight in Chicago, the World Premiere of my newest music documentary, Where are you, Jay Bennett? at the gorgeous Davis Theater.

I took on this project because I truly believe the music made by Wilco during the Jay era is amongst the greatest rock and roll ever created. That Being There, Mermaid Avenue, Summerteeth, and Yankee Hotel Foxtrot are collectively as good as anything any band has ever released. This film is a tragic love story to Jay, Wilco and the music they created, as well as the gorgeous collection of records Jay released as a solo artist, music that never received the attention it deserved.

There will also be an all-star tribute to Jay's music immediately following the screening. As well as a Q&A with me and co-director Fred Uhter.

Monday, November 15th at 7:00pm (Jay's Birthday)

Tickets are moving quickly...please get yours now for this once-in-a-lifetime event!

MONDAY / CHICAGO / WORLD PREMIERE / LIVE TRIBUTE

Where are you, Jay Bennett?

Jay was always trying to make us laugh, but instead he will break your heart...

Get tickets now (some may still be available at the door the night of the show, if we have not sold out by then)

Unsure as to how many were there from the board, but it was a pretty good showing in terms of attendance. The movie really is a nice tribute to Jay. You get the impression that he was dealing with some issues, including substance use. He clearly made a lot of close connections. Good band footage. Ken Coomer, JP, and Ed Burch get a lot of air time. No one from the band, including Tony M are interviewed nor is Jay’s ex-wife. If anything, miscommunication and poor editing of the I Am Trying to Break Your Heart doc was a factor in the dismissal. I wonder if they just were able to sit down and clear the air and define roles would things have been better. I have not played The Palace at 4 AM in some time; I may do so tonight. 

• 1 month later...
If you missed the Chicago World Premiere...you can now purchase a ticket to a very limited one-time-only pay-per-view event screening of Where are you, Jay Bennett?

Saturday, January 8th at 9pm eastern (8pm central). There will be a live Q&A with me and co-director Fred Uhter following the screening, and yes, you can ask questions.

We are limiting this to only 250 tickets. Get yours now.

Where Are You Jay Bennett poster PPV copy.jpg