Watching Junior Drive - Jay Bennett

Me and a friend of mine where having a discussion about Jay Bennett and we got to talking about the song "Watching Junior drive."  So we went to find it and couldn't.  I couldn't even remember what album it was on to go see if my long forgotten CD collection had it somewhere.  Does anyone know where I could track this down?

• Like 1

It was a bonus track on 2006's "The Magnificent Defeat"...Unlisted I think. The title is just "Junior". It was also on a promo cd called "Replace You + 5".

Your best bet to find a copy might be Discogs. I love that song!:lol

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2023 at 6:09 AM, KevinG said:

Me and a friend of mine where having a discussion about Jay Bennett and we got to talking about the song "Watching Junior drive."  So we went to find it and couldn't.  I couldn't even remember what album it was on to go see if my long forgotten CD collection had it somewhere.  Does anyone know where I could track this down?

Hey Kevin!

I have to apologize because my reply above is wrong. I found my copy of Magnificent Defeat & it isn't on there. I know I have it but now I suspect it must be on a burned disc someone made for me. At any rate, here is the correct information for it: it was only ever released on a promo disc from that era:

Jay Bennett - "Replace You + 5"

Promo disc only

Rykodisc PRCDV-20880

Released 2006

I spoke yesterday to Jay's dear friend & collaborator, Edward Burch, and Edward confirmed that it was only ever on that promo disc..."for now", as he added. He & I both think it's such a good song that it should get wider release! Maybe some future collection of Jay's music will make it more readily available. Good luck hunting down the promo disc. :spider2