electric guitar

so, ive been playing acoustic for about 4 years, and i finally got myself a nice fender strat... so does anyone have any advice on songbooks, websites, etc that can teach me how to play some electric guitar-ish music? i mean, playing shes a jar and far, far away just dont work on the electric.... any help is appreciated, thanks

Congrats on the new purchase! I just got a new Ibanez artcore awhile back and I'm very happy with it...

I would start off looking at olga.net...the only thing I don't like about that sight is they don't always show all of th lyrics.

I just discovered guitare.com that is not a misspelling! It also has different links. Good luck...

Of course you cn always check out th fumbo pages for Wlco and altcounty music...

so, ive been playing acoustic for about 4 years, and i finally got myself a nice fender strat... so does anyone have any advice on songbooks, websites, etc that can teach me how to play some electric guitar-ish music?  i mean, playing shes a jar and far, far away just dont work on the electric....  any help is appreciated, thanks

www.altcountrytab.com and www.gumbopages.com :yes

Try these places for power tabs.

http://www.instantpowertabs.de.vu/

http://www.powertabs.net/

Power tabs combine tablature with a midi file and a metronome so that you can hear it as you read it. Not a lot of Wilco there, but plenty of stones, beatles, neil young (and a lot of c_ck rock! :rock ) to get you started. You need to download Power Tab Editor (see the first link) to play them.

Wish those were around when I started. I learned electric by playing the album over and over and over. Wow, things have changed.

Good luck.