problems w/ in a future age

Guest peterjackson

Guest peterjackson

new to via chicago and i was trying to get into the future age, but it doesn't acknowledge my username?

do i need an aditional account for certain parts of this board??

thanks in advance :worship

Hi Peter, welcome to VC! :wave

The first three subforums in In A Future Age are message forums, you should be able to look at those. Everything below that redirects you to bt.viachicago.org, which is a separate board, requiring a separate log-in (most people just register over there with the same username you use here).

Guest peterjackson

thanks gogo!

Hi Peter, welcome to VC! :wave

The first three subforums in In A Future Age are message forums, you should be able to look at those. Everything below that redirects you to bt.viachicago.org, which is a separate board, requiring a separate log-in (most people just register over there with the same username you use here).

• 1 month later...

Hello! New to Site, love it...I can not seem to download off In a Future Age. Does it require a certain type of software? When I try to download it, nothing happens. I have RealPlayer. I just need some Dummie instructions of how it works.

Much thanks.

Daniel :worship

There are lots of links to FAQs, etc., in the BitTorrent 101 thread. In particular, check out this tutorial. That'll go into a little more detail, but the process basically consists of:

1. download a BitTorrent program;
  2. right-click and save the *.torrent file for the show that you want to download (additional suggestion: create a BT folder on your desktop, so you'll be able to find these files easily if you ever want to re-open them);
  3. open the *.torrent file with the BT program that you've already downloaded (again, you'll probably want to save the download in a folder that you'll easily be able to locate later);
  4. let the file run until you've got the entire show downloaded; then keep it running until you've uploaded as much as you've downloaded (ratio = 1.0);
  5. when you've got the whole show, figure out how you want to listen to it (through your computer, on a CD, etc.); depending on what you want to do with it, you may or may not need to convert the files (check back to the BT 101 thread for info on how to do that).

Hope that helps!