Gibson started using the long (pointed) pickguards on J-45's in 1955. Also, both of the J-45's I saw on stage at the Lincoln show in February had the pre '59 sunburst so I would guess both of the J-45's he takes on tour are between 1955-1958 models. The B-25 is anybody's guess. If I had to I would say 1964, give or take six years :P . On both account I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

By the way, he still has the one seen in IATTBYH, same Grover rotomatics, same little pictures above the fretboard on the treble side.

LJ

Edited by Lance
same little pictures above the fretboard on the trable side.
Does anyone know what these are / were? I thought for awhile they were guitar picks, but I can't imagine Jeff, in all of his guitar love, to push a pick under the fretboard.

The only new acoustic guitar I've seen him with or photos of him with is the Santa Cruz 000. I agree, it's odd to tour with so many vintage guitars; I was really shocked to see him break out that shaded-top 1938 Martin 000-18 for Acuff Rose in Lincoln.

LJ