Great venue for Hem and Josh, it's so important to have a respectful and intimate environment for both artists. Southgate House sold this show the right way by offering limited SEATING and intentionally didn't allow the room to sell out, so everyone had their own table/seat.....AND, it was NO SMOKING. you could barely hear a pin drop at times. Josh was truly amazed by the crowd and the night, before the last song he called the show "magical". We are all truly catching this guy in the cusp of his career and there is no better to time to see this guy live. What artist has the confidence to play nearly every song off his new album live? Josh does and i tip my hat to him. "Animal Years" is his ultimate "Opus" so far. Here is the setlist in no particular order:

Hotel Song-did it alone and it was my first time hearing it.

Good Man

Lillian, Egypt

Girl in the War-love how they made this song unique live.

Wolves

Monster Ballads-surprised he hasn't been doing this every show.

Me and Jiggs

Idaho-i can't imagine there were many dry eyes during this one, completely had the audience around his finger.

In the Dark

Best for the Best

Thin Blue Flame-so incredible, i hope he never stops playing this song. it really showcases the whole bands talent.

Kathleen

You don't Make it Easy-Cheney reference, of course .

Snow is Gone

Encore:

Bone of Song-played in the dark, the only light was a few lamps on stage.

Harrisburg

He told a lot of stories but stumbled through them at times because he said he was a little nervous.

The concert time was 9:30-11:15, not bad for a guy with three albums so far.

Edited by kamera26