Ottawa Bluesfest video next week?

I hear from a friendly fellow that the Ottawa Bluesfest show on July 15 is going to be closed circuited by the Rogers Cable Network and may be broadcast at some point. Sorta doubtful on the broadcast, but I know people who've gotten copies of the feeds before. Anyone else here this about the possible broadcast or anything? I'm not in Canada, so I know nothing about it.

• 2 weeks later...
I hear from a friendly fellow that the Ottawa Bluesfest show on July 15 is going to be closed circuited by the Rogers Cable Network and may be broadcast at some point. Sorta doubtful on the broadcast, but I know people who've gotten copies of the feeds before. Anyone else here this about the possible broadcast or anything? I'm not in Canada, so I know nothing about it.

Everything on the main stage is shot by Rogers. They have a big screen there so people at the back can see so the close circut thing is right for sure. They also broadcast a lot of shows from the Bluesfest over the course of the year. I don't know anything about the rights - for example, I don't know if by simply playing Bluesfest you give them the rights to broadcast at a later time. But they are one of the sponsors so a broadcast is a real possibility. I'll keep my eyes peeled for that.

I have a feeling the video may never see the light of day, at least not on broadcast TV. Rogers tends to play shows over the course of the year, but big name headliners are rarely amongst them. In fact, CanCon rules may be conspiring against us because I have never seen a non-Canadian artist's Bluesfest performance broadcast on TV, but I may be wrong about that.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for a sympathetic insider to leak the footage.

I have a feeling the video may never see the light of day, at least not on broadcast TV. Rogers tends to play shows over the course of the year, but big name headliners are rarely amongst them. In fact, CanCon rules may be conspiring against us because I have never seen a non-Canadian artist's Bluesfest performance broadcast on TV, but I may be wrong about that.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for a sympathetic insider to leak the footage.

I've never considered that before but I think you're right. I agree on the leak.

Where do they usually broadcast these performances? I'll try and keep my eyes open for this.

crowesfan28

Channel 22 in Ottawa; the Rogers community programming station. The show is called "Front Row Centre". It seems to be on at 9 pm some nights.

to the person who said that the footage will likely never see the light of day, you might be wrong, they brodcast the broken social scene set from last year (tho the sound was horrible) so it isnt out of the question to see wilco make it out

kev

Bad news:

Hello Rick,

I hope our presence at the fest was a positive one. I sure had fun.

Although Wilco was my personal highlight, we were not allowed to record

them. They like total creative control.

Check out Michael Franti that we did. It'll air this fall.

Alain Ouellette

Mobile Producer

Rogers Television Ottawa

Bad news:

Hello Rick,

I hope our presence at the fest was a positive one. I sure had fun.

Although Wilco was my personal highlight, we were not allowed to record

them. They like total creative control.

Check out Michael Franti that we did. It'll air this fall.

Alain Ouellette

Mobile Producer

Rogers Television Ottawa

:(