Saw Soul Asylum last night at the Troubadour in Hollywood. I really enjoyed the show. :music They played quite a lot of songs from the new album which was released that day.

I was also very excited to see them again. The only other time I had seen the band before was on the last night of their tour with Matchbox 20 in 1999 and they played all cover songs. While cool to hear the covers I was very upset that I didn't hear any SA songs. Last night made up for that, as the only cover they played was "Summer of Drugs".

The boys seemed to be having a lot of fun, too. They were jumping up and down on stage and Dave did a little shimmy-shake during some songs. :dancing It was very amusing.

Don't have a set list but some highlights were:

Runaway Train (still a fantastic song)

Bittersweet Heart

Lately

Crazy Mixed Up World

Cartoon

Summer of Drugs

• 3 weeks later...

To anyone that's seen them on this tour, have they played anything off of Hangtime (specifically Sometime to Return)? I'm thinking about checking them out tonight, but still not sure.

Alright, just dusted off Grave Dancers Union and I forgot how many great songs are on that record. That's it, I'm going (not that anyone cares). Talking to myself online helps me make decisions.

Edited by parisisstale

Show last night was awesome!!!! Pirner and Murphy really seemed to be into it (despite the fact they were playing a tiny club in Seaside Heights, NJ), and Tommy Stinson and Michael Bland are awesome additions.

Would definitely recommend checking them out if they come to your area. Definitely brought back alot of memories.

Songs I recall:

Cartoon

Just Like Anyone

Closer to the Stars

Black Gold

Tied to the Tracks

Without a Trace

Runaway Train

Misery

Sometime to Return

Somebody to Shove

Summer of Drugs

lots of new ones (most sounded really good)

Edited by parisisstale