Wilco discussion

This morning, while I was driving back from the fine town of Mt Vernon, OH, Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio was discussing some website's list of the best albums of "our age" -- and he finally says, "What's with this band Wilco and who are they?". His assistant chimes in that they are Alt-Country and he listens to them -- compares them to Emmy Lou Harris and Americana Roots music and then says, "Colin, remember that Son Volt song you liked- that's what it's like basically".

Highly entertaining stuff!!!

This morning, while I was driving back from the fine town of Mt Vernon, OH, Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio was discussing some website's list of the best albums of "our age" -- and he finally says, "What's with this band Wilco and who are they?". His assistant chimes in that they are Alt-Country and he listens to them -- compares them to Emmy Lou Harris and Americana Roots music and then says, "Colin, remember that Son Volt song you liked- that's what it's like basically".

Highly entertaining stuff!!!

Gawd..... :lol :lol :lol :mellow

LouieB

I'm a sports fan, and occassionally listen to sports talk to get the latest headlines.

But I can rarely last more than 10 minutes. Most of the hosts are just so cornball....and you can tell instantly by the bumper music.

I'll give an exception to Jim Rome. He's a HUGE Replacement's fan....and has had band members on before.

It makes me happy to know we're still off the radar in some respects.

Scott

I'm a Mats fan, and I resent that statement.

You fuckin' dumb ass shit for brains mo-fo!

:lol

Rome I can only take in small doses. His athlete interviews are insufferable....he tries to act all cool, like he's the athlete's best freind, but usually comes across as a kiss-ass jock sniffer. And his callers think they're equally cool...most of them make me turn the dial.

But I do like hearing Rome's "takes". I think he's quite funny and clever and creative....definitely a smart-ass, but a funny smart-ass.

Rome also plays the intro to "Boxcar" by Jawbreaker on occasion when coming back from commercials. I guess by saying that I'm admitting to listening quite often.

Chris Evert was a helluva tennis player, much better at what she did than that QB was at what he did. He should have been honored to have been compared to her.

I'm a sports fan, and occassionally listen to sports talk to get the latest headlines.

But I can rarely last more than 10 minutes. Most of the hosts are just so cornball....and you can tell instantly by the bumper music.

very true. there's a sports station here in dallas called the ticket, and the afternoon show's return music includes wilco, the shins, flaming lips, built to spill, pearl jam, etc.

as you may suspect, they are the complete opposite of cornball.

Edited by clint