I'm coming to Chicago! Only for a few days, and unfortunately no Wilco dates scheduled in those days, but I'm coming anyway. :thumbup

I'll be there from September 24th though the 27th. Anyone want to meet or maybe catch a show? I'm thinking of going to the Glenn/Nels show on the 24th. Hopefully my flight won't be delayed if I do go.

Hope to see/meet some of you!

Anyone interested in catching the Cubs game on Sept. 26th at 7:05pm? I'd love to see a game at Wrigley (even if I don't actually like baseball -- it's the ambiance, silly!).

Check out Bucktown if you are into the bar scene. It is the, how do I say "cool" area of Chicago, meaning the laid back hipster area if you will.....and it is the home of our boys who make that great music.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone want to see Sufjan Stevens at the Riviera with me on Tuesday the 26th (since it appears that no one wants to go to a Cubs game)?

i'm down for a cubs game, however i'm not down with the sufjan guy. however, the riv is down the street from my house & i wouldn't mind meeting up for some drinks/food around there.

lemme know, i'm sure we could drag louieb into this as well.

I'm coming to Chicago!

lucky bastard! :cheers

and if i was not totally stuck at home i would go to the baseball game and the sufjan stevens show.

hey, you going to golden smog tonight?

lemme know, i'm sure we could drag louieb into this as well.
Yea, I am always ready to party.....

I am sitting on the Golden Smog fence...will someone push me one way or the other? Does someone have an extra ticket they aren't using.

LouieB

I am sitting on the Golden Smog fence...will someone push me one way or the other? Does someone have an extra ticket they aren't using.

LouieB

The show was FAN-FRICKIN'-TASTIC!!! Yeah, it was a little sloppy, but it was only the third night of the tour. And that was the fun part about it. The boys were enjoying themselves, drinking, laughing, screwing up the songs and generally having a good old time.

They threw in tons of old favorites like Won't Be Coming Home, V and He's A Dick in addition to stuff from the new album.

I loved the show, had a wonderful time. So Louie, I say you go when they come round.

Oh, and I'll be sure to call you to party when I'm in Chicago.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home about an hour ago. I LOVED the city, had a wonderful time.

Thanks to Renic and LouieB in particular for showing me around and pointing stuff out, not to mention being friendly. I didn't get to see everything I wanted to see (and there's a lot of it) so I have ample reason to go back.

Oh, and I really need to watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off again.