What portion of your musical collection features rap?

Well again my rap collection is tiny. Discussing it makes me realize I have at least some;

5 Public Enemy (4 LP and one CD)

1 Arrested Development

1 Eminem

the Grey Album

1 free Das Rascist

1 early Beastie Boys

I wish I had some early Sugar Hill records but don't.

If my math is correct I have about .0016666 rap in my collection. (according to my calculator.)

LouieB

LouieB

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rap makes up a small percentage of my overall music collection. I have some Kanye, Outkast, The Roots, Beastie Boys, Why? (do they count?), and some random songs and albums from others that I can't remember right now.

Great music is great music, regardless of genre. There are always great artists to find and listen to in anything. No reason to write off entire subsets of music...unless you're talking about jam bands :P

Less than any other genre, by far. I have the god Beastie records and a mix tape full of NWA and PE. Probably adds up to about five cds worth of music out of a music collection of thousands of titles. I've heard some other hip hop that I've liked, but not enough that I'd want to own any more than I already have.