Ok, I've had my ipod for about a month now and everything is going fine. However, recently (today) I added some songs onto it that aren't being registered in the artist section. I have to either find the album or the song. This is sort of annoying so I was wondering if any of you tech savy via chicagoans could help me out. Weird bug?

Ok, I've had my ipod for about a month now and everything is going fine. However, recently (today) I added some songs onto it that aren't being registered in the artist section. I have to either find the album or the song. This is sort of annoying so I was wondering if any of you tech savy via chicagoans could help me out. Weird bug?

I also have this problem with the new Decemberists album...

not to be overly obvious but it sounds like it's probably tagged improperly. try retagging the files.

Here's a question: Is there a way to get the liner notes for albums you buy on iTunes. I feel like that should be downloadable too.
On some of the albums I have purchased on iTunes a "digital photo booklet" has come with them. I think these usually contain liner notes, but maybe not. Not getting liner notes and getting only 128 kbps versions of the songs is slowly dragging me back to the music store to buy cds. iTunes is just so convenient.... :hmm

For stuff I really care about, I'll buy the CD so as to make better quality AACs. For single songs and stuff I'm not really passionate about, iTunes is just fine.