New YSI Mix Exchange

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just gonna post it. It's not a really specific theme, but the mix is made up of some good indie pop songs from around the early 90's. Most of them having something to do with some sort of relationship frustration. But didn't every indie pop song from the 90's deal with that? I've really been getting into this era of music recently. There is some volume difference between songs, the most jarring being between the first and second track, but I'm not really sure how to fix this. I didn't feel like making cover artwork etc. but I sorta whipped up a picture real quick. It's not the correct size for a cd cover but... Enjoy:

Another Sunny Day

anothersunnydaycover.jpg

1. St. Christopher - All of a tremble

2. Courtney Love - The 2nd most beautiful girl in the world

3. Small Factory - If you hurt me

4. Tiger Trap - Words and smiles

5. Allen Clapp and His Orchestra - Something Strange Happens

6. The Pastels - Nothing to be done

7. The Shapiros - Do you know

8. Blueboy - Sea Horses

9. The Tony Head Experience - Debbie One

10. Heavenly - So little deserve

Edited by Cosmic
I'm just gonna post it. It's not a really specific theme, but the mix is made up of some good indie pop songs from around the early 90's. Most of them having something to do with some sort of relationship frustration. But didn't every indie pop song from the 90's deal with that? I've really been getting into this era of music recently. There is some volume difference between songs, the most jarring being between the first and second track, but I'm not really sure how to fix this. I didn't feel like making cover artwork etc. but I sorta whipped up a picture real quick. It's not the correct size for a cd cover but... Enjoy:

Another Sunny Day

anothersunnydaycover.jpg

1. St. Christopher - All of a tremble

2. Courtney Love - The 2nd most beautiful girl in the world

3. Small Factory - If you hurt me

4. Tiger Trap - Words and smiles

5. Allen Clapp and His Orchestra - Something Strange Happens

6. The Pastels - Nothing to be done

7. The Shapiros - Do you know

8. Blueboy - Sea Horses

9. The Tony Head Experience - Debbie One

10. Heavenly - So little deserve

Thanks. I downloaded this the other night, but haven't had time to listen yet.

Btw, I asked for this thread to be pinned. Now I'm thinking no one will find it.

Thanks. I downloaded this the other night, but haven't had time to listen yet.

Cool, hope you enjoy it. It might take a little getting used to as most of the songs don't have incredible sound quality becuase of somewhat lo-fi recordings, but they're all pretty solid pop songs. I've found that if the volume is up loud enough for the first track, the Courtney Love (the band, not the OTHER Courtney Love) track that follows doesn't sound quite as soft. The Heavenly track that closes it off is amazingly good.

Edited by Cosmic

244048742_09d1ed2c80.jpg

VC MIX #429 : THE MAGIC PIANO SESSIONS

(INTRO) Magic Piano Y'all - Sparky's Magic Piano

Dead Right - Psyche Origami

Elevate My Mind (American Mix) - Stereo MC's

This Time - DJ Shadow

Long Time - The Roots

There Goes the Fear - Doves

The Garden - Cut Chemist

The Cosmic Game - Thievery Corporation

Red Sea - Asobi Seksu

Promised Land - Edan

Keep What Ya Got - Ian Brown

I've had rotten luck w/ YSI and now my work is blocking rapidshare, so go here...SUDDEN IMPACT!!!

244048742_09d1ed2c80.jpg

VC MIX #429 : THE MAGIC PIANO SESSIONS

(INTRO) Magic Piano Y'all - Sparky's Magic Piano

Dead Right - Psyche Origami

Elevate My Mind (American Mix) - Stereo MC's

This Time - DJ Shadow

Long Time - The Roots

There Goes the Fear - Doves

The Garden - Cut Chemist

The Cosmic Game - Thievery Corporation

Red Sea - Asobi Seksu

Promised Land - Edan

Keep What Ya Got - Ian Brown

I've had rotten luck w/ YSI and now my work is blocking rapidshare, so go here...SUDDEN IMPACT!!!

Nice mix, the Roots song is a favorite. I love the intros you always throw onto your mixes. This is also the first Thievery Corporation song I've seen on a mix that wasn't Lebanese Blonde (for it's inclusion in Garden State). Look forward to puting this mix on whenever I need to listen to something other than guitar oriented indie pop (which I really do love). It should fill the void nicely that was previously filled by your Roof mix (which I enjoyed). :thumbup

Nice mix...this is also the first Thievery Corporation song I've seen on a mix that wasn't Lebanese Blonde (for it's inclusion in Garden State).

Thanks, glad you like it. I highly reccomend TC's 'Cosmic Game' that tune came off of...a lot of good electronic/dub-oriented stuuf that makes Lebanese Blonde look ho-hum (which it is). Dl'ed yours, just haven't got a chance to listen.

I listened to Cosmic's mix the other day and really enjoyed it. I'm not sure why I've never heard Tiger Trap before...they sound like something I would really like. Or maybe I have heard them before. I have no idea. I like that song a lot though.

I also really dug the Heavenly track. I used to put "Hearts and Crosses" on every other mix tape I'd make 10-15 years ago (or however long ago it was), but that single is the only thing I ever owned by them. I'm going to track more stuff down ASAP.

...I'm not sure why I've never heard Tiger Trap before...they sound like something I would really like. Or maybe I have heard them before. I have no idea. I like that song a lot though.

Tiger Trap was an all girl band (I think) that included Rose Melberg (who was also in the Softies and Go Sailor) that kicked all sorts of ass for a very short period of time. They only had one full release that was self titled and came out in '93. It's amazingly good. If you can find it, it's definitely worth the effort. Other than that I think they had a single or two or maybe an ep. Good stuff though.

Edited by Cosmic
Tiger Trap was an all girl band (I think) that included Rose Melberg (who was also in the Softies and Go Sailor) that kicked all sorts of ass for a very short period of time. They only had one full release that was self titled and came out in '93. It's amazingly good. If you can find it, it's definitely worth the effort. Other than that I think they had a single or two or maybe an ep. Good stuff though.

The tracklisting on that one looks great, but I haven't been able to get the link to work. It keeps telling me the file isn't found. Did the downloads on it max out?

--Mike