Sparklehorse @ Bowery Ballroom NYC 09.19

sparklehorsesetlist.jpg

sparklehorse_01.jpg

They were fantastic. I was so happy to hear such a heavy nod to Vivadixie.... because it's still my favorite album. I was afraid he'd want to overload the set with the new album and It's A Wonderful Life. The new songs sound great though, and the crowd was so responsive we were treated to 3 1/2 encores.

Oh, and the "Nina" on the setlist was Nina Persson from The Cardigans. :D

That sounds like a fantastic show! :dancing I've been loving the new CD. And so tonight I am going to treat myself by lining up each of these songs in sequence to a playlist, thus re-creating your Bowery Ballroom show in my living room. Then I will figure out if I am too late to add Sparklehorse to my list of bands to see this fall, inducing either fits of tears or some creative rock tourism planning. :shifty Wish me luck!

Edit - no luck. US leg is over. :ohwell Now they head to Europe.

No, I don't think I'm scheduled to go back there for a while. I wish it wasn't such a haul for us to get there or else I think I'd be there once a week. It's one of my two favorite places to see bands.

We will be in NYC on the 29th to see Peeping Tom at Irving Plaza.