I want to see the bright lights tonight

My sis played this song for me the other day. It has a female singer and it really stuck in my head. I've been trying to find it, but the version I found on limewire isn't the version I originally heard. It had some guy singing it on the limewire version.

Any help would be appreciated :)

A YSI would be even more appreciated :music

The only version I have on my laptop is:

Richard and Linda Thompson

(I've never used Rapidshare before so let me know if it doesn't work.) It's a live version on the The Life And Music Of Richard Thompson box set. I also highly recommend you to check out the original album and then work your way through the catalog of one of the most underrated artists in all of music, that of Richard Thompson. (OK maybe I'm a little biased.) Linda is fabulous; I wish they did more albums together.

I don't think Linda Thompson did it alone. But maybe she did. If the version you heard is the one from the album then Richard Thompson takes the lead and Linda sings back-up.

I could do a YSI mix of a few of their best songs if you or anyone wants. They were an incredible pair.

Talking about Richard and Linda. I saw X Factor a few weeks ago and a girl sang The Dimming Of The Day (by Richard Thompson), and she did a pretty good job of it. The panel, including Simon Cowell and Sharon Osbourne said what a beautiful song and that they'd never heard it before, I don't know if that prompted them to actual start listening to good music, but I doubt they can find the time in their busy schedules.

Edit: Actually, ignore all that top bit. I just listened to the song again. It's Linda on lead. I don't know why I thought it was Richard. So you are talking about that one.

The only version I have on my laptop is:

Richard and Linda Thompson

(I've never used Rapidshare before so let me know if it doesn't work.) It's a live version on the The Life And Music Of Richard Thompson box set.

Thanks, but that's not it. I'll post it up when I get back from the gym. The version I found is a bit more rockin'.