A "categories" Mix CD Swap -- all are invited

Hi everyone. I hope it's okay to post this here.

I am hosting a mix CD swap. I started it on the screendoor LiveJournal community but then I got lax about recruiting. I hope that some of you will want to join.

If you're interested, either PM me here or send me an email: sharkycharming [at] yahoo [dot] com

I will write back with my mailing address.

Rules:

Keep most of the songs on your CD in the alt-country/classic country/indie rock realm.

Make 5 copies of your disc (including a track listing; cover art also preferred). Put your LJ and/or VC user name somewhere on your CD so that folks can thank you/give you feedback.

Include 5 first-class stamps to cover return postage if you are in the U.S.; if you're outside of the U.S., send me a couple of blank CDs and I will cover your return postage.

Your CD should be full-length, and should include songs that cover each of the categories listed below. (Your additional songs can be whatever you want -- aim for a CD that is at least an hour long, total.)

Deadline to get CDs to me is October 19th. My turnaround time for mailing your packages (which will contain 5 different CDs from other participants) should be about a week.

the categories

-a song that you’ve loved for more than half of your life

-a song that contains a name that people have called you

-a song that you didn’t know at this time last year

-a song by someone you find attractive

-a cover song that you like better than the original or best-known version

-a song about a place you’d like to visit

-a song about someone famous or infamous

-a song with lyrics that you wish you’d written

-a song that often gets stuck in your head

-a song by a musician/band that you learned about through another musician/band that you like

Sure, I don't mind if someone steals my category ideas. Still, I hope that I can get at least a few people to join this now!

Thanks for the idea! I just did it.

sounds interesting... i'm a generally busy person these days, but if i can get a cd together, i'll pm you for your address so i can send it to you. i like the idea a lot. oh, and by the way, this is my first post here in like half a year. welcome back me? meh...