Oxford, MS 10/10

Tonight there was a ton of interaction between Jeff and the crowd. It started out really positive, saying that the band was having a great time. Later, during Kingpin, rude assholes in the front row threw a flask of Grey Goose Vodka on stage- which drew immediate response. Later the same individual threw a hat on stage during LNGC Away. The band shortened the final encore to only include Let's Not Get Carried Away followed by Passenger Side. California Stars, was 86'd from the list- I wonder why?!

Buddy has the list. I will put it up later; however, it is very similar to recent shows. Opened with Handshake, Shot, Impossible Germany. High points: Company in my Back, War on War, Walken.

What is that coming on stage it looks like a plastic bag? Looking forward to hearing a little more about this one, nice to see Passenger Side and Company in My Back being rotated back in.

--Mike

That's Tweedy throwing the flask back out to the bimbo.

That's Tweedy throwing the flask back out to the bimbo.

Oh I see. I thought it was being thrown on to the stage, but it makes sense now seeing as Tweedy's hands are in a throwing motion. The flask didn't hit anyone did it?

--Mike

A good friend of mine was at the Oxford show, and here's what he had to say about the incident:

Some girl had a like IV bag full of vodka in the front, down in her shirt, and Tweedy slap started asking the crowed humorously who was drinking and what not and asked her to see her bag and displayed it for the audience. Totally just having fun.

Nobody did anything assholish. Tweedy loved the crowd and talked a long time about how there needed to be more people with alcohol in the joint to make them rock harder. He asked for everyone who smuggled booze to yell out. He said "I can SMELL that there is not ENOUGH alcohol in this place, and I don't even drink!"

I was at this show and I think you're misreading it a bit too. It wasn't really rude I don't think. Jeff was joking about people sneaking in alcohol (no alcohol sold in venue) and she tossed it up there. It was a bag flask. He held it up, showing it to the crowed, and joked about it before tossing it back to her. It got a big laugh.

Heres how I scored the setlist:

Handshake Drugs

Shot In The Arm

Impossible Germany

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Muzzle of Bees

Kamera

Company In My Back

At Least That's What You Said

Jesus, Etc

"The More I Think About It"? ( I didn't know this song)

Theologians

She's a Jar

War on War

I'm The Man Who Loves you

Hummingbird

Late Greats

Heavy Metal Drummer

I'm a Wheel

Kingpin (drunk chick throws flask on stage)

Let's Not Get Carried Away

Passenger Side

The show was good but did seem a bit rushed. I thought the Vodka incident was harmless and Tweedy had fun with it. Pat Sansone looks like hes living his rock n roll fantasy, you can tell he really loves to be onstage.

Nels Cline = Awesome Nels really adds alot to the live show, I'm looking forward to his contribution on the new album.

It was my first time to hear Lets Not Get Carried Away and I loved it and Walken is becoming a new favorite for me. The Meridian show this year was better imo. And damn, it would've been nice to hear California Stars, but oh well.

Hey y'all, I'm the "Frontish Row" Guy (2nd). Just wanted to let y'all know my copy is now up.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=500945

But please DL the other copy as well, when it appears. I know I will. Noticing differences in location and equipment used can turn you into a discerning listener.

As far as the crowd interaction, I agree with Tweedy. Mississippi shows are usually beneficially rowdy

I agree with Tweedy. Mississippi shows are usually beneficially rowdy

True, us hicks usually do get pretty rowdy even for no-name bands in no-name bars, but on this occassion it was different, maybe we thought we had to behave because we were in a "performing arts center", I dunno. I was quite calm for myself, I usually get rowdy myself, but not this time.

Hey y'all, I'm the "Frontish Row" Guy (2nd). Just wanted to let y'all know my copy is now up.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=500945

But please DL the other copy as well, when it appears. I know I will. Noticing differences in location and equipment used can turn you into a discerning listener.

As far as the crowd interaction, I agree with Tweedy. Mississippi shows are usually beneficially rowdy