Stephen King on Nancy Grace

Graceless and Tasteless

Stephen King on Nancy Grace -- The Pop of King dissects the controversial news anchor by Stephen King

I'm sure Ron Williamson, of Ada, Okla., would have been Nancy Grace's dream case if she'd been on TV at the time of his arrest and subsequent trial for the murder of Debra Sue Carter; I mean, we're talking years of prime-time steak and chops, all culminating with Williamson being sentenced to death by lethal injection. The only problem is that Ron Williamson didn't do the crime. You can read all about it in John Grisham's extraordinary new nonfiction account of the case, The Innocent Man.

I've known John for 12 years, and beneath the kidding, ''I'm just a good ole boy'' exterior, there's a hardworking guy who believes in God, honesty, and the law. Maybe in that order, maybe not. And when I mentioned Nancy Grace in his presence, a look of discomfort, bordering on pain, came over his face. When I asked if he'd let me quote him for this piece, he said he can't stand to watch her.

Ron Williamson went through the horrors of the damned, and he's been much on my mind the last couple of weeks as I force-fed myself doses of Ms. Grace, the Darth Vader of CNN Headline News (which, like this magazine, is owned by Time Warner). And before you accuse me of writing about news in your favorite entertainment magazine, let me assure you that Nancy Grace is entertainment...if, that is, you're the sort who watches NASCAR for the crashes and Survivor hoping no one will. In the increasingly weird world of infotainment, she is the belle of the Freakers Ball.

Nancy Grace

wow.

what an eloquent bitch-slapping...

And she is getting a really nasty (and Hillarious) sendup on Boston Legal.