can someone unpin this thread?

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so I'm representing this couple who sold their house to a man, who happens to share the home with a female attorney. He has sued the couple I represent for allegedly failing to disclose some things about the house, and the woman with whom he shares the home is representing him. I filed a motion to have her removed from the case, because she's listed as a fact witness, which is a no-no for a variety of reasons, the most important being the fact that they can use attorney-client privilege to conceal relevant info (and also that he's basically getting a free ride at extorting $$ from my clients).

When we had a hearing on my motion to have her disqualified, the judge ordered that I take the attorney's deposition, in front of the judge. This is taking place tomorrow afternoon. I'm putting together my outline of questions right now. There will obviously be a lot of questions about what she knows about the property, as well as repairs that were allegedly performed, etc., but I also get to ask about the nature of her relationship with the plaintiff, and she is under oath. This opens up the possibility of asking all kinds of personal questions, but I have to be mindful not to piss off the judge.

So if you were being deposed, under oath, in front of a judge, what kind of wonderful questions would you want to make sure weren't on the agenda?

:D

Dearest Sean,

I watched the full Rakim thing at Vh1.com and it owned as much as Rakim does...which is, as the kids on the street say, a lot.

Paid in Full,

Microphone Fiend

So if you were being deposed, under oath, in front of a judge, what kind of wonderful questions would you want to make sure weren't on the agenda?

To spank or not to spank?

"Which songs do you wish Wilco would stop playing live?"

"What's your position on people who yell 'Freebird!' at concerts?"

"were you really wearing pants when that picture was taken?"

:D

Hooper, Stroker Ace or Cannonball Run?

"Have you ever had to beat your housemate with your own prosthetic leg?"

that might be a good one.

A few that didn't make the first edit:

"who's usually on top?"

"are you experiencing any hormonal spikes I should be aware of?"

"Does the plaintiff sometimes make you feel like your emotional needs are not being satisfied?"

"are those real?"

We tried to give the kid a frozen waffle once and he refused to eat it. "I only eat the waffles Daddy cooks." Valuable life lessons are already being learned at an astounding clip.

P.S. Totally unrelated...the youngest kid laughs uncontrollably every time he sees the new EW cover with Borat on it.

ALL TRUE STORIES

Can Heather Mills PLEASE GET A BREAK?!?!?!? :no

Not stabbed- a break. Preferably not on her good leg or in any way related to a motorcycle or land mine.