can someone unpin this thread?

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her majesty's a pretty nice girl but she doesn't have a lot to say

Her majesty's a pretty nice girl but she changes from day to day

I'm about to pack it in here and see if tomorrow works any better as Monday.

I did that last Monday.

Unfortunately, the next day didn't function any better as a Monday. :hmm

Your mileage may vary.

Mondays are typically the "Potsie's" of the weekdays for me. Yet now that Monday Night Football has been going for a few weeks, as well as NBC's "Heroes, it's upgraded itself to perhaps Richie's seldom-seen older brother, "Chuck." He was a little bit cool. Tolerable, at least.

Did anybody see that Petr Cech - Stephen Hunt incident? Cech has a depressed skull fracture and is lucky to be alive. :blink linky

Search YouTube for "Petr Cech injury" and you'll see the play. It didn't look like much at the time, and the announcers didn't seem to regard it as especially brutal, but damn. As a former goalkeeper, that kind of stuff scares me to death and always did.

Chelsea lost their other keeper later in the match and had to suit up John Terry to play goal for the remainder (which was only a couple of minutes). What a disaster.

As a former goalkeeper, that kind of stuff scares me to death and always did.

Ever hear of Bert Trautmann? Played on in the 1956 Cup Final with a broken neck after being knocked out.

The consensus seems to be that it was not a deliberate act by the Reading player.

Actually, goalkeepers are over-protected these days. Strikers can't touch them without conceding a foul. I always used to go in feet first when I played in goal - it was up to the striker to get out of the way.

Link

Scarlett Johansson recording album of Tom Waits tunes...

If this results in music videos featuring a scantily clad Scarlett rolling around on the hood of a '66 Lincoln Continental, I'm all for it.

If this results in music videos featuring a scantily clad Scarlett rolling around on the hood of a '66 Lincoln Continental, I'm all for it.

I'll take scantily clad reading a book in a library, for that matter...