Patient with Me (new song) tabs

Hey guys,

Jeff played a new song in the end of October (10/27 and 10/30 solo shows), called Patient With Me. I typed out the lyrics as best i can, and i _think_ the tabs involve a capo on III, the tab sounds pretty simple, but even it is more than my meager skills can handle. Could someone help me tab this out?

Patient With me

I should

I'll make two passes at this song, first, just the chords for the beginners and then the fingerpicking for the intermediate class.

With capo on the 3rd fret:

[C] [F6] [E7] [F] [Em]

[C] I should've [F6]warned you, [E7] I'm not [F]well, I can't [Em]tell

[F] Oh there's nothing I can [G]do to [F]make this easier for [Em]you

You're gonna [Aadd9]need to [bb6]be [G7/B]patient with me

[C] [G] [F6]

[C] I'm this [F6]apple, this [E7] happening [F]stone, when I'm [Em]alone

[F] Oh but my blessings get so [G]blurred [F] at the sound of you [Em]words

I'm gonna [Aadd9]need to [bb6]be [G7/B]patient with me

[C] [G] [F6] [E7] [F] [Em]

[F] [G] [F] [Em] [Aadd9] [bb6] [G7/B]

[C]How can I [F6]tell you my [E7]time turns to [F]dust, like we've dis[Em]cussed

[F] It doesn't mean that I don't care[G] It [F]means I'm partially [Em]there

You're gonna [Aadd9]need to [bb6]be [G7/B]patient with me

[C] [G] [F6] [E7] [F] [Em] [C]

Tricky chords:

| F6 | Aadd9 | Bb6 | G7/B |

|-1--|-------|-----|------|

|-3--|---2---|--3--|--3---|

|-2--|---4---|--0--|--0---|

|-3--|---2---|--3--|--3---|

|----|---0---|--1--|--2---|

|----|-------|-----|------|

If the Aadd9 is difficult, you could also play an A chord and virtually no one would notice.

----------

Now for the intermediate part of the class:

Here are the fingerpicking parts. I've transcribed the intro, the second half of the verses, and a couple of miscellaneous bits. From that you can cobble together the entire song. Except for a few melody lines on the top strings (you'll hear them), the exact notes aren't that important as long as the picking pattern is maintained (the Scotty Moore alternating bass note -- boom chick boom a chick).

Capo 3

Intro

1..+.....+.....+.....+.....2..+.....+.....+.....+.....3..+.....+.....+.....+.....4..+.....+.....+.....+......

g--------3--------0--------|--------1-----------------|--------0--------------0--|--------0--------0--------|

D--------------------------|--3--------------3--------|-----------------3--------|--------------3-----------|

Bb-------0-----0-----0-----|--------2-----------------|--------1-----------1-----|--------1-----------------|

F--------------------------|--3-----------------3-----|--------------------------|--------------2-----2-----|

C--3-----------------------|--------------0-----------|--------------------------|--------------------------|

G--------------------------|--------------------------|--0-----------0-----------|--0-----------------------|

5..+.....+.....+.....+.....6..+.....+.....+.....+.....7..+.....+.....+.....+.....8..+.....+.....+.....+......

g--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|

D--------1--------------0--|--------1--------0--------|--------0--------------0--|--------0-----------------|

Bb----------------2--------|--------------2-----------|-(0)-------------0--------|-----------------0-----0--|

F--------3-----------3-----|--------3-----------------|--------2-----------2-----|--------2-----------------|

C--------------------------|--------------------3-----|--------------2-----------|--------------2-----2-----|

G--1-----------1-----------|--1-----------1-----------|--0-----------------------|--0-----------------------|

The intro (with subtle variations that aren't worth describing) can suffice for the first line of each verse. When you get to the F part, do something like this:

9..+.....+.....+.....+.....10.+.....+.....+.....+.....11.+.....+.....+.....+.....12.+.....+.....+.....+......

g--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|

D--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|

Bb-------------------------|--------------------------|-----------0-----------0--|------------0-------------|

F--------3--------------3--|--------2--------0--------|-----0-----------0--------|-----0-----------0--------|

C--------0--------0--------|--------------3-----------|--------2-----------2-----|--------2--------------0--|

G--1-----------1-----1-----|--1--------------------1--|-h3-----------3-----------|--3-----------3-----3-----|

13.+.....+.....+.....+.....14.+.....+.....+.....+.....15.+.....+.....+.....+.....16.+.....+.....+.....+......

D--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|

Bb-------------------------|--------------------------|-----------2-----------0--|-----------0-----------0--|

F--------3--------------3--|--------2--------0--------|-----2-----------2--------|-----2-----------2--------|

C--------0--------0--------|--------------3-----------|--------2-----------2-----|--------2-----------2-----|

G--1-----------1-----1-----|--1-----------------1-----|--0-----------0-----------|--0-----------0-----------|

13.+.....+.....+.....+.....14.+.....+.....+.....+.....15.+.....+.....+.....+.....16.+.....+.....+.....+......

D-----------2-----------2--|-----------2--------------|-----------3-----------3--|-----------3--------------|

Bb----------------4--------|-----4-----------4--------|--------0--------0--------|--------0--------0-----0--|

F--------2-----------2-----|--------2-----------2-----|--------3-----------3-----|--------3-----------3-----|

C--0-----------0-----------|--0-----------0-----------|--1-----------1-----------|--2-----------2-----------|

G--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|

(rake the 3rd and 4th strings on the second beat of the 15th and 16th measure.)

Between the 1st and 2nd verses

17.+.....+.....+.....+.....18.+.....+.....+.....+.....19.+.....+.....+.....+.....20.+.....+.....+.....+......

g--------3-----0-----------|--------3-----0-----------|--------1--------------1--|--------1-----0-----------|

D-----------------1--------|-----------------0--------|--3--------------3--------|-----------------3--------|

Bb-------0-----0--------0--|--------0-----0-----------|--------2-----------2-----|--------2-----2--------0--|

F--------------------2-----|-----------------------0--|--3-----------3-----------|--3-----------------3-----|

C--3-----------------------|--------------------2-----|--------------------------|--------------------------|

G--------------------------|--3-----------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|

Honestly, if you can play this much of the song, you can figure out the solo, which has more variations, especially in the [Aadd9] [bb6] [G7/B] parts, so I'm not going to bother to write up that whole thing.

I will, however, give you the last C chord of the song:

1..+.....+.....+.....+.....2..+.....+.....+.....+......

g--------3-----0-----------|--------------------------|

D-----------------0-h3-----|--------------------------|

Bb-------0-----0--------0--|-0------------------------|

F--------------------------|-2------------------------|

C--3-----------------------|-3------------------------|

G--------------------------|--------------------------|

I probably screwed up somewhere so, as usual, I reserve the right to make corrections and not tell anyone about them. Questions? Concerns? Presents?

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...