Screenwriter David Koepp (Spider-Man' date=' Jurassic Park, War of the Worlds) has succeeded in pulling off what several other top screenwriters had failed at: provide an Indiana Jones sequel that would satisfy the three principals -- George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Harrison Ford. The three confirmed on Monday that they plan to begin filming Koepp's script -- a title was not disclosed -- for the fourth Indiana Jones film in June, with a May 2008 target for worldwide release. The last Indiana Jones move, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, was released by Paramount in 1989. Spielberg told reporters, "We feel that the script was well worth the wait. We hope it delivers everything you'd expect from our history with Indiana Jones. ... George, Harrison and I are all very excited."[/quote']
The much-anticipated fourth Indiana Jones installment will be filmed this year' date=' writer/producer George Lucas confirms. The filmmaker promises the sequel will be the most exciting chapter to date after finalizing the script with director Steven Spielberg. He says, "It's going to be fantastic. It's going to be the best one yet." He adds the film will be a "character piece" and see Harrison Ford reprise his role as the titular hero. Ford played Indiana Jones in 1981's Raiders Of The Lost Ark, 1984's Indiana Jones and the Temple Of Doom and 1989's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, which also featured Sean Connery.[/quote']

I'm giddy as a schoolboy.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i sincerely hope it's chronologically appropriate. perhaps have indy searching for something in the gobi desert in the early 60s with russia and/or china as the heels?

i'm also quite excited for this project. thanks for posting this!!

Well, Temple of Doom was one of the worst movies ever

Yes, yes it was. In fact, I'm not quite sure how Kate Capshaw can live with herself after that piece of shit.

Last Crusade was a bit better, but still not worthy of the standard set by Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Your tastes are pedestrian and lean towards the mainstream. I bet you also owned the Jackson's Victory album too, didn't you?

I remember that album/tour leaving me with an empty feeling. We didn't need the rest of the Jacksons anymore, why were they back?

I remember that album/tour leaving me with an empty feeling. We didn't need the rest of the Jacksons anymore, why were they back?

I thought pretty much the same thing after Control.

... George, Harrison and I are all very excited.

Am I the only one that laughed when I read that?

The two after the first one were let down a fair amount by the fact that the leading ladies were terrible. If they get someone like Karen Allen in this new one, and don't try to spoil it with over-the-top stunts and cgi (which I think they probably will do, anyway) , then it might be good.

Oh, and why the fuck should George Lucas have a say in when a script is good enough or not, surely the other two know his recent track record on that sort of thing?

I think he only came up with the stories, actually. Other people wrote the scripts.

I know intellectual property rights don't mean anything to you, but if he came up with the stories and he "owns" them, then he gets to decide on the franchise's future.

I know intellectual property rights don't mean anything to you, but if he came up with the stories and he "owns" them, then he gets to decide on the franchise's future.

I know. Doesn't make it right though. I think he should just stick to producing it. Anyway, I thought he said after star wars was out the way he was going back to making smaller films like THX1138 didn't he?