Living on Tulsa Time

I believe the first thread was lost forever, so here's Part Two.

Who else is going to Friday's show?

I've seen Wilco five times, but have never seen Jeff solo, so I'm really looking forward to Friday night. I'm sure it'll be a great show--and hopefully the weather will cooperate (thank God the show wasn't this weekend--holy hell).

There was some talk in the previous thread of restaurants and watering holes in the Tulsa area--so, if you're from out of town and like hamburgers, I'd like to recommend Goldie's--pretty much the best burgers I've ever had in my life. Johnnie's burgers are also very good. Both restaurants have several locations in and around the Tulsa area.

In other Okie- and Wilco-related news, I saw the other day that The Autumn Defense (John and Pat) will be playing at The Opolis in Norman on Saturday, February 10. Tickets are only like eight bucks each. Definitely planning on checking them out.

Anyway, see you guys on Friday night!

How are things in Northeast Oklahoma? Saw some brutal pics of an accident on the news last night...but think it was out west. :hmm

The plan is for atomicblooz and myself to be there...barring weather (heard there's more "snow" in the forecast for the weekend now), or a familial complication/illness. :(

MWB, thanks for posting about the eateries...was hoping someone would remind us about what's good to eat in those parts. :)

What is the best route to take from Tulsa ~> Dallas? And how long a drive?

Two ways ...

Either north on I-35 to OKC then I-44 turnpike to Tulsa. Probably 5.5 hours depending on weather.

The other route is to go to Paris, then north on what turns into the Indian Nation Turnpike (through McAlester, Henryetta, Okmulgee, etc.) to Tulsa. That might be quicker, but it's also through the heart of the areas hit with the really bad weather.

Did we ever get an opener?

I kinda hope there's not an opener, 'cause it looks like there's another snowstorm that's rolling into OKC late Friday night, and I'd like to miss as much of that as possible.

barring the state shutting down the turner turnpike, i'll be there. i'm bringing my dad and sister who are long time wilco fans and my sister's boyfriend from newcastle, england. he's heard some wilco before but isn't a huge fan. can you imagine your first encounter with tweedy material being an acoustic set at cain's three rows back. i think i'm probably more excited for him to see the show than myself. nah, who am i kidding. i'm so psyched i can hardly get through 2 more nights of work until the show. add a couple of pints of guiness at the sound pony before the show and it should be perfect.