All Roads Lead to Tulsa...

We will be coming from north and west of Tulsa (by a few hours from Kansas)...I'm wishful thinking ;) that the 40 degree weather Tulsa is due (LOL according to the weather peeps) will help melt things off by Friday...at least a bit.

Been looking at OK road conditions daily here (just FYI):

http://www.dps.state.ok.us/weathermap.html

(Bummer about missing G. Love though!) :(

Have you guys heard any news on the weather in Tulsa. A group of us are driving from Araknsas and I've heard conflicting reports.

I'm coming from the other direction (Stillwater), but it looks like it will be above freezing in T-Town most of the day. The snow coming in from the SW will not reach Stillwater until late tonight ... if you get in and get out, then I think you will be okay. Drive careful.

National Weather Service says 20% chance of snow after midnight, so I'm hoping the show starts on time and ends at a decent hour so we can get on the road back to AR. It sounds like it won't be much snow anyway, but I'd just as soon drive dry roads with good night visibility. Hope it's a good crowd tonight, maybe the threat of bad weather will hold back the casual fans who want to talk during the show...

I drove up from OKC yesterday evening and except for one little spot, it was smooth sailing all the way.

But I'm much more concerned about the drive home. From what the weather guys in OKC were saying yesterday, it sounds like we're gonna get hit with a pretty good snowfall right about the time people start getting back from the show.

Everything's just fine in Tulsa right now. Haven't had the weather on, but I'm guessing the snow won't hit here until well after midnight--so hopefully everybody can get on the road and miss it all.

The major streets and highways I've been on yesterday and today have been pretty good. There are still patches of slick spots, especially bridges and overpasses. I'd be cautious, mostly because a lot of drivers here can't drive and don't pay attention to the aforementioned slick spots. I don't know how the streets are down by the Cain's.

As far as the upcoming weather, I've only heard that there's a chance of snow tomorrow, getting closer to noon.

Be safe everyone and see you at the show.

Thanks everyone for the updates...headed out here soon. Decided to go back after the show (as opposed to staying overnight) so we can beat the snow too.

(LOL I'm sure glad to be surrounded by fellow VCers that understand the determination to make it to the show...despite the weather, distance, etc....not sure "normal" people understand!) :D

See you there...safe travels all! :)