Modest Mouse WWDBTSES tracklist

This isn't news that I'd usually go out of my way to post, but I got a kick out of some cheap shots Pitchfork made at MM

Already fond of long-ass album titles and long-ass tracklists, America's favorite humble rodents-- Modest Mouse-- have finally revealed the long-ass details behind their latest LP after a, um, extensive delay.

According to Billboard.com and verified by a publicist, We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank-- boasting guitar-work from new recruit Johnny Marr, guest appearances from the Shins' James Mercer, and that sunny first single "Dashboard"-- hits stores via Epic on March 20. It has 14 tracks, including the not-so-smartly-titled "Steam Engenius".

The digitally-inclined may preorder We Were Dead from iTunes beginning January 30, thereby ensuring themselves access to a "Dashboard" download and some swank behind-the-scenes video shoot footage. Actually we have no idea if it's truly swank, we just like saying swank a lot. Swank? Swank. We hope it's more than this, though.

Modest Mouse will hop in their humble tour stretch-Hummers this spring for a presumably long-ass TBA jaunt in support of their new collection of songs, including previously reported stops at the ATP vs. the Fans festival and Barcelona's Primavera Sound.

Link

Is it just me, or is this a little beyond their usual smartass routine? this seems mean, even. Like, why would somebody make the point of saying a song title *isn't* smart? Do they especially think Brock *isn't* good at naming his songs? And the "collection of songs" in lieu of the word "album" seems a bit judgemental.

I reckon a sub 6.0 rating is coming Modest Mouse's way.

Is it just me, or is this a little beyond their usual smartass routine? this seems mean, even. Like, why would somebody make the point of saying a song title *isn't* smart? Do they especially think Brock *isn't* good at naming his songs? And the "collection of songs" in lieu of the word "album" seems a bit judgemental.

I reckon a sub 6.0 rating is coming Modest Mouse's way.

Probably, they weren't too kind to Dashboard. I know I will at least enjoy We Were Dead because according to my ears, Isaac hasn't written one bad thing.

I'm interested only because of Johnny Marr, of course. But the song on their myspace page (and it may have been "Dashboard") sucked. Again, only because of Marr am I interested, I have not listened to any of their other music including the "Good news..." album.

it has nothing to do with the length I just don't like it sounds really emo/whiney to me I dunno to teach his own I suppose. Atleast you're gonna be on the album!

Yeah my vocals on Fire It Up are pretty good, I have to admit.

I chose this username back before the Shins blew up. I regret my decision.

I saw the band during their run of shows in New York in November and I wasn't blown away by the new songs. If you are expecting a heavy Johnny Marr influence on the sound, based on what I saw, you are going to be disappointed. The show was good but it's not out of the question that the new record might not live up to past glories.