so in the tele vs. sg debate i ended up buying...

a gibson sg standard...black...very pretty...

i went in and played it for about 45 minutes...and though the neck is bigger than my strat...it feels faster and more accurate...now i just have to get used to not stretching as much for the high register...and the humbuckers sound fantastic...

i was having the same dilema when you made the thread

i went with the tele in the end

50s Classic

was a toughy, the SG is a real beast..i was put off by the set neck cos im a little clumsy lol and the Tele i got is real awesome

i'm still adjusting to it...have to set up my amplifier and pedals differently than i did with th strat...used it rehearsal for the 1st time this week and found that the thicker neck as actually EASIER on my hand than the thinner fender neck...now i just have to take it back to guitar center to have the nut slots cut a bit deeper and it will be golden...

the sound is what got me...and the upper register access...i feel like i have to relearn the 2nd octave of the guitar because there's so much more of it than on the strat...it's nice...

besides that...it was one of those things where i said to myself "hey i've been playing for 16 years and haven't bought a new guitar in 10...this time i want to get something REALLY nice..."

I hear you guys about getting a cool Gibson and having to "learn" parts of the guitar again. I started my first real post-college job this year and got a nice bonus - with which I got a ES 335. I went thru the same things, redoing all my pedal settings from my strat. Humbuckers are a godsend.