Autumn Defense 2/11

Anyone else go? Not a lot of people, maybe fifty. Got a few photos, haven't looked at them yet. I know there was talk of someone recording, but there were no mics and that is to bad cause they sounded fantastic. I don't have a setlist, but it was similar to the others I have seen. John said it was the best sound they have had so far. Got to meet him afterwards, after waiting for him to talk to his family that lives in Dallas. Very kind and gracious, but broke my heart when he told me Wilco probably won't be coming back to Fort Worth, even though he said he enjoyed it. But I did hear him tell his relatives that they would be back through in the fall. So all is well. Amazing show, the rest of the band is fantastic as well.

Kent

I was one of the 46 people; that i counted including staff.

You didn't see the taper because i didn't have time to set up my stand. i had a 95 mile drive and i could not leave home until 8pm. And I'm glad i didn't set up that stand because of the shaky floor. But i will tell you this... this recording is pure gold! i was DFC standing alone in a room with the some of the most respectful, quite music lovers i have had the pleasure of watching a show with. Most people even gently disposed of their beer bottles so as to not make noise. i'll get a set list ASAP i'm tracking it now.

I too got a chance to meet John and Pat and had them sign my "Circles" LP. When asked if the self titled release would make vinyl, Pat said it depends on the number of CD's that sell. Pat also told me there were only 1000 vinyl copies printed for "Circles". Also the new release; if put on vinyl, will probably have that few copies released too.

Pat signed my cover "Happy Sundays" because i told him it was my wife's and my favorite sunday morning LP to spin around our house.

As for the show I loved it. This band has such a cool, relaxing groove. And the intimate Tea Room was the perfect setting for this show. If any of you get XM radio they have this program on "XM Cafe" called "Sensitivity Training" They play music to touch the sensitive side of the human race. The Autumn Defense should be the marque band for this program.

It's a shame they could not draw a bigger audience but i'll tell you what... in a purely selfish thought. If all my shows could be as a enjoyable listening and viewing experience as last night, i would be one happy concert goer.

I was one of the 46 people; that i counted including staff.

You didn't see the taper because i didn't have time to set up my stand. i had a 95 mile drive and i could not leave home until 8pm. And I'm glad i didn't set up that stand because of the shaky floor. But i will tell you this... this recording if pure gold! i was DFC standing alone in a room with the some of the most respectful, quite music lovers i have had the pleasure of watching a show with. Most people even gently disposed of their beer bottles so as to not make noise. i'll get a set list ASAP i'm tracking it now.

I too got a chance to meet John and Pat and had them sign my "Circles" LP. When asked if the self titled release would make vinyl, Pat said it depends on the number of CD's that sell. Pat also told me there were only 1000 vinyl copies printed for "Circles". Also the new release; if put on vinyl, will probably have that few copies released too.

Pat signed my cover "Happy Sundays" because i told him it was my wife's and my favorite sunday morning LP to spin around our house.

As for the show I loved it. This band has such a cool, relaxing groove. And the intimate Tea Room was the perfect setting for this show. If any of you get XM radio they have this program on "XM Cafe" called "Sensitivity Training" They play music to touch the sensitive side of the human race. The Autumn Defense should be the marque band for this program.

It's a shame they could not draw a bigger audience but i'll tell you what... in a purely selfish thought. If all my shows could be as a enjoyable listening and viewing experience as last night, i would be one happy concert goer.

Wow...what a great review!

Please let me know when you have the recording available.

I had no idea the "Circles" LP was such a limited release. I bought my copy from them at a show back in 05' and got it signed on the spot. I guess it's a little more special than I thought. Show sounds like it was great, I'm jealous!

Trying to fill in the set list, here is a sample of my recording. if someone can listen and give me the title it would be appreciated.

My guess is this song is "This Will Fall Away" but there is another track later in the set that has the lyric Fall Away too so i have to narrow it down.

It's in WAV so it may take a few minuets to down load

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tx4tvw

Trying to fill in the set list, here is a sample of my recording. if someone can listen and give me the title it would be appreciated.

My guess is this song is "This Will Fall Away" but there is another track later in the set that has the lyric Fall Away too so i have to narrow it down.

downloading right now... I'll tell you in a few seconds.

Hey,

I was standing right by John when you were getting your record signed waiting to talk to him. I picked up the new CD last night and unless I am losing it, that song is not on it, which just means we have something to look forward to on the next album.

I completely agree with your assessment of the crowd and show. One of the quietest crowds I have ever heard. I didn't hear anybody talking, it made for an amazing experience. Glad to know it was taped. The new record is great, but it doesn't live up to what I saw in person and I need to have that show to remember it by. Thanks so much. Your recordings are fantastic. There was something surreal about seeing John and Pat playing in a place with so few people, I am used to seeing them from a distance surrounded by screaming maniacs.

Can you let me know when you post the recording?

Thanks again,

Kent

I'll get a couple of photos up soon.

:blink BLUEBIRDS FALL! ahhh so beautiful! Please let me know when you upload this thing. The quality is amazing. It gives you that comfortable intimate vibe! :cheers

what's that from? is it a cover?

Thanks for the help and the complement on the recording. I was pleased. It made my drive home go quickly. Here is the set list and specs of the recording.

dave

The Autumn Defense

February 11, 2007

Dallas, Texas- Gypsy Tea Room

DFC>15' FS>Audix1290>ps2>mt24/96@44.1/24>audacity.wav

a "time was just a joke" production

Guitar & Vocals- John Stirratt

Guitar,Keys & Vocal- Pat Sansone

Key's and Guitar- Mike Cruz

Drums & Backing Vocals - Greg Wizz

Bass- James Haggardy

(71:32)

01. Canyon Arrow

02. Estate Remains

03. Bluebirds Fall

04. Sun In California

05. City Bells

06. We Would Never Die

07. Band Intro

08. The Answer

09. Written In The Snow

10. Feel You Now

11. Spend Your Life

12. This Will Fall Away

13. Where You Are

14. Simple Explanation

--encore-

15. The World (Will Soon Turn Our Way)

16. Sentimental Lady

Hey,

I was standing right by John when you were getting your record signed waiting to talk to him. I picked up the new CD last night and unless I am losing it, that song is not on it, which just means we have something to look forward to on the next album.

I completely agree with your assessment of the crowd and show. One of the quietest crowds I have ever heard. I didn't hear anybody talking, it made for an amazing experience. Glad to know it was taped. The new record is great, but it doesn't live up to what I saw in person and I need to have that show to remember it by. Thanks so much. Your recordings are fantastic. There was something surreal about seeing John and Pat playing in a place with so few people, I am used to seeing them from a distance surrounded by screaming maniacs.

Can you let me know when you post the recording?

Thanks again,

Kent

I'll get a couple of photos up soon.

The song you are hearing was on an Split-EP (i think) called, BIRDS, BEAST, and FLOWERS. You can hear this same exact song on myspace. www.myspace.com/theautumndefense "Bluebird's fall"

sorry, one more thing...

I also edited out all the dead air and between song banter, so i have two versions of this show. One complete and unedited, and one with the songs only and applause fade out at the end. I did this because my wife really only cares about the music so when she's driving and listening she will hear it like a album.

There is a little over 12 minuets between the two versions, so as you see there is a lot of dead air. The boys didn't say much.

i can load both to the tracker if there is a interest. Otherwise it will be the unedited version only.

sorry, one more thing...

I also edited out all the dead air and between song banter, so i have two versions of this show. One complete and unedited, and one with the songs only and applause fade out at the end. I did this because my wife really only cares about the music so when she's driving and listening she will hear it like a album.

There is a little over 12 minuets between the two versions, so as you see there is a lot of dead air. The boys didn't say much.

i can load both to the tracker if there is a interest. Otherwise it will be the unedited version only.

The music is just fine if there isn't that much banter! What is this dimetracker you speak of, or how do I get this?

sorry, one more thing...

I am fine with either version and I got lucky last week and finally got a dime account. So I'll jump on it as soon as you post it and leave it running.