The Autumn Defense

Blown away I was. Such a shame more people weren't there (maybe 60?) but their loss I suppose. Brian (bgraves001) was there taping. Can't wait to hear it, his recordings of JT's Austin shows were great.

Edit: I just looked at how much I effed up the title. :beer :blink . This was the Austin show.

I agree. I am somewhat mixed on the turnout. On one hand, I wish more people showed up so the guys could feed off the energy and make some more $$, but on the other, a packed house with half the audience talking would take away from the scene. Fucking great, great show. Like someone else said, it's everyone else's loss! I picked up the blue owl shirt too and the tote bags are only $5. Same setlist (different order) as previous nights on the tour. The Parish was a great venue. See you in Denver.

I agree. I am somewhat mixed on the turnout. On one hand, I wish more people showed up so the guys could feed off the energy and make some more $$, but on the other, a packed house with half the audience talking would take away from the scene. Fucking great, great show. Like someone else said, it's everyone else's loss! I picked up the blue owl shirt too and the tote bags are only $5. Same setlist (different order) as previous nights on the tour. The Parish was a great venue. See you in Denver.

How much were the tickets?

It will be hit and miss for them this tour. Sunday and Monday shows probably won't draw the biggest of crowds, unless they are in LA, San Fran, or something like that. They will have a huge turnout in Chicago of course, but i'm sure alot of East coast shows like Boston, DC, New York, Philly, Baltimore will get good turnouts. Either way, i'm sure they love these respectful crowds.

How much were the tickets?

It will be hit and miss for them this tour. Sunday and Monday shows probably won't draw the biggest of crowds, unless they are in LA, San Fran, or something like that. They will have a huge turnout in Chicago of course, but i'm sure alot of East coast shows like Boston, DC, New York, Philly, Baltimore will get good turnouts. Either way, i'm sure they love these respectful crowds.

I'm sure of it too. John said as much last night, commenting on "thanks for listening" and the lack of conversations. I forget how much they were. Somewhere between $10 & $15

so i should go see them next week? i admit to not being familiar with autumn defense at all...

I would definitly go, seeing Stirratt and Sansone in such a small environment (likely with few other people) is a great experiance. The whole band was very tight and they sounded really good. A bargain for 12 bucks.

Agreed with the above, but I'd recommend checking their MySpace out first, at least.

http://myspace.com/theautumndefense

There's a few tracks for you to listen to, and if you like what you hear, give 'em a shot live. You'll probably dig the show, and if you don't, you'll only be out ten bucks or so, anyway.

It's not my favorite music, but they put on a good show, and I'm glad I saw 'em.