Jeff Tweedy you used to rock

I'm subscribed to Postcard for some reason, I never read it, there are like 500 unread digests in my in-box waiting until they get mass deleted, but for some reason I opened one today and there was a bunch of early Uncle Tupelo videos posted by Chris Constance. I don't know the backstory since I don't read it much, sorry if this was supposed to be a postcard exclusive, but we (and by we I mean people who wish Wilco was less of a piano band) need it more than they do. I think they're all covers, from most rocking to least...

http://www.urflick.com/scripts/videoplayer.php?vid=1002177

http://www.urflick.com/scripts/videoplayer.php?vid=1002199

http://www.urflick.com/scripts/videoplayer.php?vid=1002182

OK, I'm officially bored with reading Postcard to look for more. I'd build a shrine to a record that sounded loud, fast, and trashy like that first one. :wub

I'm subscribed to Postcard for some reason, I never read it, there are like 500 unread digests in my in-box waiting until they get mass deleted, but for some reason I opened one today and there was a bunch of early Uncle Tupelo videos posted by Chris Constance. I don't know the backstory since I don't read it much, sorry if this was supposed to be a postcard exclusive, but we (and by we I mean people who wish Wilco was less of a piano band) need it more than they do. I think they're all covers, from most rocking to least...

He's posting them over here, too. Username "Sticky"

Guest tandylacker

Uh...

I thought to 'rock' was a positive thing. The band in these videos does not rock. They play loud and sloppy.

Maybe I am confused on how to rock, but I think the guitar work in AGIB rocks. As if this thread really needed this response.

Uh...

I thought to 'rock' was a positive thing. The band in these videos does not rock. They play loud and sloppy.

Maybe I am confused on how to rock, but I think the guitar work in AGIB rocks. As if this thread really needed this response.

there is something to be said about passionate sloppy live music... i'm not really sure the requirements that seperate it from shitty sloppy music but it's usually an instinct of mine to tell the difference.

also, it might have something to do with the fact that it was probably recorded on a sub-par beta home video recorder in a club with bad acoustics... might have something to do with it too. cinnamon girl sounds pretty tight.

Guest tandylacker
there is something to be said about passionate sloppy live music... i'm not really sure the requirements that seperate it from shitty sloppy music but it's usually an instinct of mine to tell the difference.

also, it might have something to do with the fact that it was probably recorded on a sub-par beta home video recorder in a club with bad acoustics... might have something to do with it too. cinnamon girl sounds pretty tight.

What song is Old 97s "Bel Air"... ?

The band in these videos does not rock. They play loud and sloppy.

Haha, oh man. Only on the Wilco board.

This wasn't really meant as a critique of Jeff, just a reminder of how much he really did rock once upon a time.

I didn't know he was posting them on here, the mods might want to lock this one in favor of the official thread where I'll make any other comments about the videos.