Patty Griffin - Children Running Through

none of them touch her first album though

It's not the same kind of album. I personally prefer the latest stuff. The first one is certainly great but not easy to listen to, it's really raw, her voice too loud at times (to my ears at least).

'living with ghosts' continues to be patty's masterpiece... nothing she's done since than has been nearly as phenomenal.

would you mind to enlighten me a bit? what's so great with Living with Ghosts that you don't find in the following stuff?

I have not gotten into her last few albums. I feel like I'm listening to music one step away from elevator music. I like her voice a bunch and she's a talented musician, but cripes it's like listening to Celine Dion or something these days.

I have not gotten into her last few albums. I feel like I'm listening to music one step away from elevator music. I like her voice a bunch and she's a talented musician, but cripes it's like listening to Celine Dion or something these days.

ed. I was thinking of Nanci Griffith, with Hearts in Mind and Ruby Torch.

My bad.

I like 1000 Kisses a lot, sounds like I need to check this out. :music

I wanted to like the new album more than I actually do. I saw her play two small shows last month and it was great to hear the new songs live, yet the album just doesn't feel cohesive nor as powerful as her previous works to me.

I'm also in the 'Living with Ghosts is the best album' camp, followed by 1000 Kisses. She has one of my favorite voices ever...:wub

And hey, Nanci Griffith is awesome, it's just that her last few albums have sucked for me.

Dear Lammycat, you slightly misquoted me: I did say "elevating" music, not "elevator", I was playing upon the words: I meant that her music elevates me. :)