tweedy solo

hey yall, im not able to do the torrent thing, but was wondering if someone could PLEASE post one of the shows from tweedy's last tour, or possibly send me a link to one if you know it's where abouts. id also like to get the show from raleigh, nc from august. it wasnt the greatest tweedy/wilco show ive been too, but since i was there id like to have it. im not sure this is the right place for my post, but if someone would be willing to help a amatuer out id really appreciate it. thanks a lot.

handle flac? i probably cant, since i dont know what that is! haha i have a brand new MAC, and its the first time ive owned one, so im a little handicapped right now! if you could include me some quick instructions i should be able to do it. thanks a ton for the kindness and quick reply

flac is just another format like mp3 but a lot better and much bigger in size. the more common music players (Itunes, ipods, real player etc.) don't support flacs. You need to get winamp or something. Most live shows will be available in Flac only. I'm sure some one will post a link soon that will give you all the info you need about this stuff.

a ) This isn't the correct place to post about this...

b ) start here: http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showtopic=26512

c ) you will need this software (it's what I use and it's free) to convert the FLAC files to AIFF/WAV, then if you wish - you can use iTunes to convert those audio files to mp3.

xACT

good luck!

thanks for the link to help with the FLAC'S. first of all the link to download the software isnt currently working, but judging from what i read in those via chicago links, that stuff is gonna be over my head. so im gonna switch my request to be for mp3 type files. id LOVE whole shows, but i know sometimes people post shows where you can download individual songs and put em together on your own. if anyone has anything like that, id certainly dig it. you guys are great for helping me out

http://download.owlandbear.com/

check this place, updated often. i'm really going to urge you to learn how to utilize .flac files - you will immediately expand the amount of music available to yourself 1,000%. It's an extremely simple and fast two-step process - first, convert the files from .flac to .aiff (or .wav) using xACT or countless other programs, then convert that to .mp3 in itunes.

here is another link for xACT that should work:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14246

* I downloaded my first FLAC show in November 2006 and right now sitting next to me is a pile of over 80 shows burned onto disc and on my hard drive is probably another 30 or 40. I, too, was oblivious to the wonders of FLAC and torrents and by no means am I a computer whiz. This stuff is easy and the amount of fun you can have with it is endless. Take a little bit of time and read about it, experiment with it and soon you too can enjoy music trading of the future!