Joseph Arthur & The Lonely Astronauts...

sorry if this is been posted, did a quick search and came up ended handed, so i thought a few people on here may be interested in the press release:

LET'S JUST BE

In Stores On April 17th 2007

January 8, 2007

• 1 month later...

finally, this album's release date is here. i rushed to best buy asap after work, and made it there 6 minutes before they closed, to pick this up. the first few songs are great, still a ways to go before i get to the end. anyone else have a chance to get / listen to it? if so, what's yer thoughts?

finally, this album's release date is here. i rushed to best buy asap after work, and made it there 6 minutes before they closed, to pick this up. the first few songs are great, still a ways to go before i get to the end. anyone else have a chance to get / listen to it? if so, what's yer thoughts?

my thoughts?

i'm glad Joseph is having fun doing the rock star/band thing right now... it's really fun live...

but as for this record? well Nuclear Daydream was his weakest up until this one, but now i'm pretty sure this is easily his weakest all around record. it's obviously a huge departure from the past being w/ the band, which i can understand, but other than 3-4 really great songs, not digging it too much. the 20 minutes song in the middle of the record has like 7-8 min of total masturbatory and pointless noise jamming in the middle (and i'm a huge Sonic Youth fan).

i'm still excited to see them next week, but I can't see that many long time JA fans going over the moon for this album...

while i enjoy 'nuclear daydream,' 'let's just be' isn't arthur at his best, i agree. hopefully the next release will include songs such as, 'baby's got a new friend,' 'famous friends along the coast,' 'drive,' etc... i think those songs are more 'radio worthy.' with that being said, 'let's just be' is a fun album and i'll def. put it on when i need a mood lift ;)

have fun at the show solace!