I picked up a copy of The Kink's "One for The Road" .... a live album ... on vinyl the other day.

Heh it was cheap.

My gah what did they do to all their classics? Til the end of the day has become a pseudo ska piece of caca. The album starts out with an over the top instrumental of "You Really Got Me" that only Spinal Tap could like. This album makes me wince all over the place. eek.

I saw that tour, and I bought the album. I really enjoyed both. I consider the LP to be an great party record. Side 3, in particular, ROCKS. 'Till the End of the Day' is probably my least favorite song there, but the following 'Celluloid Heroes' might be the best thing on the record imho. Just my .02.

Making a live album can be sort of dicey. After years of doing his songs over and over, why wouldn't an artist, even one the stature of Ray Davies, change it up for the heck of it. Let's face it, this tour was long after the Kink's hey day.

LouieB

I saw that tour, and I bought the album. I really enjoyed both. I consider the LP to be an great party record. Side 3, in particular, ROCKS. 'Till the End of the Day' is probably my least favorite song there, but the following 'Celluloid Heroes' might be the best thing on the record imho. Just my .02.

your right .. i heard that celluloid heroes right after i posted this & thought ... oh that's really good.

David Watts is pretty great too ...