• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No; but Chicago is the representative for the US. Rio and Madrid are believed to be the competition.

$10K a week for my apt. Any takers?

Actually I know someone who lives a few blocks from Washington park on the south side, they seriously wll be able to do this......well not really, but it is going to bring incredible economic development to an area that is on the upswing.

LouieB

The Milwaukee Art Museum is interesting, but I doubt this will ever be built. Who's going to buy condos in something like this...?? (famous last words....)

Louieb

I believe they're already selling. Plenty of people in the Chicago area with money to blow and want the status. I heard something like $2,000 a square foot! The penthouse is $40 mil. I think.

Double helix. I will be fascinated. Should be complete just before the Olympics hit town.

that was one of the (many) issues with that olympics logo that got disqualified, it had the sears tower, by the time the olympics roll around the sears tower might not be in the top 3 tallest buildings here.

Last i heard we werent looking too good on the olympics, i want to cite looptopia failures and cta issues.. although i heard rumblings admist all the cta problems a plan to make it free by raising property taxes as a way of luring the olympics.

I believe they're already selling. Plenty of people in the Chicago area with money to blow and want the status. I heard something like $2,000 a square foot! The penthouse is $40 mil. I think.

This isnt being targeted straight at Chicagoans like the Trump tower was. This is being heavily marketed at wealthy Asian and European buyers, looking for a second home abroad. Basically the jet-setter crowd:

Global sales launch and first public offering to occur in Chicago on January 14, 2008 followed by events in 14 other world cities, including: Dublin, Moscow, Hong Kong, Seoul, and New York
that was one of the (many) issues with that olympics logo that got disqualified, it had the sears tower, by the time the olympics roll around the sears tower might not be in the top 3 tallest buildings here.

Last i heard we werent looking too good on the olympics, i want to cite looptopia failures and cta issues.. although i heard rumblings admist all the cta problems a plan to make it free by raising property taxes as a way of luring the olympics.

huh?

A) The logo wasn't used because it incorporated the "torch", which Chicago knew full well. It was intended just to be used for the initial US competition, where the rules don't apply. If they are chosen for 2016, they can go back and use it again.

B ) How can you say Chicago isnt looking good for the Olympics? Cities havent even compelted their paperwork yet. And almost everyone considers Chicago and Rio the frontrunners, with Chicago probably beating out Rio by a small margin.

C) How was Looptopia a failure? It was the first year they put it on, no one knew what to expect. The response and attendance was overwhelming, which is a good thing. They will be able to adjust for next year.

I was half joking....the 2 grand a square foot is huge for Chicago real estate.

The screw design is perfect for both Chicago and Illinois....we are always getting screwed by someone...

LouieB

This isnt being targeted straight at Chicagoans like the Trump tower was. This is being heavily marketed at wealthy Asian and European buyers, looking for a second home abroad. Basically the jet-setter crowd:

Thanks for the info. This makes sense.

C) How was Looptopia a failure? It was the first year they put it on, no one knew what to expect. The response and attendance was overwhelming, which is a good thing. They will be able to adjust for next year.

Agreed. I did not go, but I heard very good things from friends.