sky blue sky = far far away

All songs remind me of alcohol.

Sky Blue Sky is like 190-proof, and Far Far Away is only 90-proof. Kind of. Except that I've never "had" these...yeah.

:ninja

I'd reverse them (SBS=90; FFA=190). But that's just me.

:beer

Clearly there's a strong similarity between the two songs - I noticed it straight away and while it was distracting at first (particularly how the guitar solos seem to echo very strongly Jay's lonesome twangin' on Far Far Away), I can still appreciate the differences between the two also.

I love the lyrics to both songs.

"The drunks were ricocheting" - nice one.

"Windows open and dreaming" - also tasty.

I suppose you could draw (clumsily) an analogy with some of Dylan's songs, which have been known to recycle similar chord patterns (Girl From the North Country, Knockin' On Heaven's Door) while being otherwise completely unrelated. And I might add both stolen from Martin Carthy's arrangement of Scarborough Fair. But I digress... :cheers

I made a compilation of all the up tempo Wilco songs you know, the easy rockers :dancing And noticed some similarities between Monday and Can't stand it. Very similar.

By the way don't make a compilation of all the Wilco uptempo easy rockers. It doesn't work. Wilco are the masters of sequencing albums.