sky blue sky = far far away

Yes it is an inferior version of far far away- just listen to the first notes of the guitar solo and you can hear it.

If you make that post the exact opposite of what it actually says, you are correct.

my first thought as well, i would have liked sky blue sky to have adopted the same kind of double disc situation being there was - i love sky blue sky the album, but there are a couple songs that are more diddys than full songs and it makes the whole album feel that way... i wish it was a little fuller, this song kind of represents that to me.

After listening to the lyrics more closely, I couldn't agree with you more.

I think that's a really interesting interpretation, but I (regretfully) present contrary evidence:

Tweedy played this song (then titled "A Gold-Toothed Lullaby for Rafters and Beams" -- with same lyrics) at the NCMA show in Raleigh 8/16/06 and said he wrote it for a friend's film back in 2003 and hadn't played it since then.

I think that's a really interesting interpretation, but I (regretfully) present contrary evidence:

Tweedy played this song (then titled "A Gold-Toothed Lullaby for Rafters and Beams" -- with same lyrics) at the NCMA show in Raleigh 8/16/06 and said he wrote it for a friend's film back in 2003 and hadn't played it since then.

okay is there any material on this album that was actually written in 2006/2007? every song seems to have a solo acoustic version that was once played in 2003 under a different name with similar lyrics...have the creative juices stopped flowing?

Rats. I liked my interpretation . . . :angry

I don' t know anything about chords and such, but this song has always reminded me of recent solo versions I've heard Tweedy do of the Golden Smog song "All the Same to Me."

Maybe it's the narrative tone. I'm a sucker for the narrative.

-Laura

i like sky blue sky as a song.

i do not like sky blue sky as an album title however.

i liked it better when the song was being called "a gold-toothed lullaby for rafters and beams" or whatever the official title was.

how cool would that be as an album title? you know, cause it's kinda mellow...