It's sad, but it seems that alot of the influential first-generation bands (ie: Stooges, Sabbath) either don't make it in or take forever to get there, but the more "popular" second-generation bands do. That's why a band like the Red Hot Chili Peppers are a shoe-in, while the Minutemen will never make it.

Why, because you don't like them?

Wow, I just got ripped for suggesting Liz Phair wasn't so great. Someone who doesn't like the Smiths....?? What do they get around here?

Personally I would vote for them....

LouieB

The Cure will EASILY get in
I would hope so....

(How long until Liz Phair gets in???)

LouieB

It's sad, but it seems that alot of the influential first-generation bands (ie: Stooges, Sabbath) either don't make it in or take forever to get there, but the more "popular" second-generation bands do. That's why a band like the Red Hot Chili Peppers are a shoe-in, while the Minutemen will never make it.
The STooges should cerainly get in, but rock and roll started well before both Sabbath and the Stooges who are about 4th or 5th generation artists actually. The Beatles are a second generation artist at least.

LouieB

Guns N Roses = a once awesome album that has surprisingly not aged well. I used to be in the "Appetite is a Great album" camp until i realized it had been about 12 years since I last gave it a spin. They were a product of their time. A couple of good tunes, nothing more.

Guns N Roses = a once awesome album that has surprisingly not aged well. I used to be in the "Appetite is a Great album" camp until i realized it had been about 12 years since I last gave it a spin. They were a product of their time. A couple of good tunes, nothing more.

As much as it pains me to say so, i'm going to have to agree with that. 'Rocket Queen' still kicks my ass though.