Jim Halpert, Death Cab For Cuite, and Wilco

That webcast from last night (it was just Ben Gibbard solo, not DCFC) will be made available for download on NPR -- that much I did hear from the NPR guy as I was listening in between David Bazan and Ben Gibbard's sets. I listened to a couple of Ben's songs but once I knew I could listen later, I bailed. Damn. So I entirely missed the Wilco cover by the Office dude.

He was on the cover of Magnet or some indie music magazine recently with The Shins. That guy gets around!

Edit: It is available now for listen/download -- http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9935188

Saw this item from Pop Candy today. Apparently John Krasinki form the office played a Wilco tune at a Death Cab for Cutie show at the 9:30 Club in DC. Anyone got any more info, or maybe know what song it was?

I was at the show. Halpert ran out on stage with a guitar and after a little banter he asked Ben if he would play a request. Ben said he would do anything to get him off the stage and then Jim played the beginning of "I am Trying To Break Your Heart". Ben responded that it was a "Jeff Tweedy song".

Considering the resemblance between Ben and Dwight I was halfway expecting Jim to ask him what the best kind of bear was.

More importantly Ben covered "All Apologies" on piano and "Harvest Moon" on guitar.

My wife and I actually had tickets for the early show (the one on NPR), but I ended up having to work that night, so we had to sell the tickets. The show sounded great on NPR, so I was a little sad we had to miss it. Now if we had also missed seeing Jim Halpert, he of the greatest show on television, that would have been too much to endure!

john k. and rainn wilson (dwight) are wilco fans. they were at one of the jeff solo shows at the fonda together.

fun bit: look for a feature directed by john k. and edited by zene baker (editor of the unreleased wilco dvd) to come out next year! neat!