Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I noticed Mikael is playing a Wurlitzer in Shake it Off, according to the liner notes. My question is, how do they get that cool "wah-ish" kind of sound from it? Whatever it is, I love it. Does anyone know what I am hearing?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it may be a leslie cabinet. These are commonly used in organs and such. They contain a spinning speaker, which can be sped up or down via a footswitch. I've not used one, nor am I keyboardist but have done sound for a band that uses one -- I think that is how they work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...