All Tomorrow's Parties VS the Fans

hey,

i just got back from one of the most amazing weekends of my life, the ATP fest curated by the fans. Anyone go? I saw Subtle, Why?, Shellac (x2), Daniel Johnston, Wilco, Slint, Yo La Tengo, Mogwai, Akron/Family, Do Make Say Think, Edan... and more!

Still totally on a high. Subtle were possibly my highlight.

There were a couple of us there! A little mini-VC convention between me, Rich (muller) and Mark (M_thomp).

I'm back in work today and completely drained!

Shellac, Wilco, Band of Horses, Echo and the Bunnymen, Mogwai and Two Gallants were the highlights for me. Daniel Johnson is just funny, The Thermals kick started the weekend with some energy, Yo La Tengo still confound most people, Akron / Family were disappointing, The Go! Team were a hoot and Okkervil River is turning into Conor Oberst.

I thought the festival as a whole was missing something compared to ATP last year - the site is perhaps a bit too big and the scheduling was truely woeful, kept on fucking about with it, especially on Sunday. The fact they moved Battles to completely clash with Wilco upset me a lot!