Largest venue this summer??

Besides Bonnaroo??

I think its the show im going to...........Merriweather!

Oh well. Couldnt be a nicer ampitheatre except CVille pavilion. I cant believe they arent going back there!

I've always had really good experiences at Merriweather. I'm surprised people hate it as much as they do. Yeah, I was at the Merriweather last time they played. It's big.

I've always had really good experiences at Merriweather. I'm surprised people hate it as much as they do. Yeah, I was at the Merriweather last time they played. It's big.

I went to Merriweather once when I first moved to DC in '03 and had a terrible experience, so I've never been back. I couldn't see or hear Radiohead from the lawn. I also think it would be a huge disappointment to see Wilco there, when they you can get them up close at the 930 so often.

I went to Merriweather once when I first moved to DC in '03 and had a terrible experience, so I've never been back. I couldn't see or hear Radiohead from the lawn. I also think it would be a huge disappointment to see Wilco there, when they you can get them up close at the 930 so often.

Problem is, the 930 show last time around sold out in about 10 seconds (literally). At least at Merriweather I can get in. I've only been there once (several years ago) and thought it was fine. The lawn seats are kind of far away, but the pavilion seats all have a pretty good view.

I'm kind of surprised there are still so many seats for this show floating around...

I like Merriweather, but that might be for sentimental reasons, since I saw so many shows there growing up. It is easily my favorite shed. (I always thought the walk through the woods to get to the venue was kind of neat--is it still like that?) I don't think I've ever not had lawn seats for a show there, and yeah, the sound can be kind of hit or miss depending on the night and your location on the lawn, I guess. If I still lived in the DC/MD area, I'd still happily go to this. As somebody else noted, sure the 9:30 is nice, but trying to get tickets is kind of ridiculous. Wilco is in kind of a middle-space now where they're probably too big for the 9:30, but not quite big enough to completely fill the sheds.

the 930 when its packed is unbearable anyway. i have my secret spot but most people have to suffer :)

Merriweather is great but you have to know when to leave home or you will get destroyed by traffic. Its also MUCH better to be in the seats than on the lawn. Seen so many shows there. Its old and beautiful.

I think they could have played Wolf Trap and im not quite sure why they didnt.

Charlottesville Pavilion is new but is as good as any venue in the country. I know Wilco loved the last show they had there.

I like Merriweather, but that might be for sentimental reasons, since I saw so many shows there growing up. It is easily my favorite shed. (I always thought the walk through the woods to get to the venue was kind of neat--is it still like that?) I don't think I've ever not had lawn seats for a show there, and yeah, the sound can be kind of hit or miss depending on the night and your location on the lawn, I guess. If I still lived in the DC/MD area, I'd still happily go to this. As somebody else noted, sure the 9:30 is nice, but trying to get tickets is kind of ridiculous. Wilco is in kind of a middle-space now where they're probably too big for the 9:30, but not quite big enough to completely fill the sheds.

yeah, the walk is still roughly the same. Also, I have never sat on the lawn so that probably has a lot to do with my experience. Also the last time I was there I was in the front row to see Wilco. Good experiences I guess.

I'm going to Merriweather. Anybody meeting up ahead of time?

dcd

myself and a friend will be at Merriweather! it's gonna be crazy though because we're heading back from charlotte that day as well, then there's rush hour. because of that, we're not planning any pre-show ventures, but will be down in the general admission pit, anyone else gonna be in the pit with us?