Looks like he is opening for the Dylan show I'm going to in a few weeks. I know the name but that's about it. Anyone catch him live before, what should I check out of his?

http://www.amazon.com/Fabulous-Thunderbird...7896&sr=8-1

all i can say is you'll really enjoy him. just don't go into the show expecting to see a stevie ray concert.

have a great time! i'm jealous of you!

Personally,

I hate Jimmie Vaughan. He's living off the success of his brother. And as a guitarist, he sucks...really awful.

I saw him open for Dylan last summer, I went in expecting some good blues (not SRV good, but solid). Man was I wrong.

Personally,

I hate Jimmie Vaughan. He's living off the success of his brother. And as a guitarist, he sucks...really awful.

Man, that is a little harsh.

Jimmy was touring and gigging long before Stevie was ever even on the scene.

And although it's been a great many years since I've seen him live he used to do a pretty spirited job of rockin a joint back in the day w/The T'birds.

Man, that is a little harsh.

Jimmy was touring and gigging long before Stevie was ever even on the scene.

And although it's been a great many years since I've seen him live he used to do a pretty spirited job of rockin a joint back in the day w/The T'birds.

I'll give him that, he used to be good. Stevie always said Jimmy was his idol. And the T'birds stuff is good for what it is. But something happened after Stevie died, and Jimmy kinda lost his spirit.

Family Styles is a great album by the Vaughan brothers. Jimmy even played rhythm on a few tracks like Couldn't Stand the Weather.

Hate is a strong word, but I haven't been impressed by Jimmy in while and his ego is bigger than any arena he plays in

Jimmy Vaughn is to Stevie Ray Vaughn

as

Jim Belushi is to John Belushi

i.e. both living in the shadows of legends and neither even coming close to measuring up to their dead brothers.

you know, that's a wonderful analogy. i never thought of that.