Are people still hearing "What Light" on the radio? I don't really listen to FM radio myself, so I am just wondering

if SBS is still getting much airplay a few weeks after the record coming out. I have to plead ignorance about the

rules of radio play: does the band approve what songs are released as singles or can a radio station on its own

play whatever they want from SBS?

Yeah, I heard one of my friends mention that Wilco was on the radio. I have no idea why, of all the songs, they picked 'What Light' to be their radio track? I like the track, but it's definitely not what I would have thought they'd choose. The only reason I can think of is that it's short, whereas tracks like Impossible Germany (which is my favorite on the album, maybe Side With The Seeds) is too long.

I'd be interested to hear what stations are playing it, my friends didn't remember. Is there a website for that kind of stuff?

I heard 'What Light' on a local more mainstream (v. independent) station here in Boston last Sunday afternoon. I can't say for sure what else they've played and/or how often as I'm usually just listening to my CD's :music

Guest tandylacker

Its surprising to hear what songs the major stations choose to play. You would think that it would always be the songs that are most accessible, but it seems like there is more to it. Seems like there is kick backs involved. Like this Amy Winehouse I always hear on the radio, wtf? Couple other crap songs from crap groups.

I'll figure it out.

Caustic.

Guest Speed Racer
I miss XRT :ohwell

Pick five pretty decent CDs, choose the two most annoying songs from each, and play those in succession - and only those - for about two weeks. Then, pick five other pretty decent CDs and continue...

XRT played great music when I lived there, don't get me wrong, but they always have these five songs that they seem to have to play every hour. Do you remember how they latched on to Theologians?

Great. Probably my two least favorite tracks from the record. :lol
Oh well

Just what i was thinking.
Me too

I miss XRT :ohwell
You must live somewhere where radio really sucks...,

Pick five pretty decent CDs, choose the two most annoying songs from each, and play those in succession - and only those - for about two weeks. Then, pick five other pretty decent CDs and continue...

XRT played great music when I lived there, don't get me wrong, but they always have these five songs that they seem to have to play every hour. Do you remember how they latched on to Theologians?

I remember. Theologians was played so often (and I really liked that) that I couldn't stand it. XRT has a remarkably small playlist. My kids and I call it

WXREM since REM is played nearly every time we turn it on in the car. Yesterday they featured REM all day. I like REM, but come on...

By they way I think VC should be given credit for the the title Walken...had people on here not picked up and kept talking about it by that title in the early days of it being played, I am guessing the title would have been something quite different.

LouieB

Actually, no I don't remember that. I never actually lived in Chicago, but I used to visit often. So XRT never wore on me. It made me feel a part of the city and that's something I very much miss :ohwell