Seems like a lot of $$$$, unless you take into consideration the x-ray charge, x-ray technician salary, salary of PA, tech or Nurse who put the cast on (assumption), casting materials and ultimately the liability insurance in case of complication or deformity.

Oh, let's not forget the Porsche 911 turbo. :blush

all kidding aside, I hope things work out for the best and your son gets a good result. :yes

Still seems a like a lot of money. Unless all those people are being paid $100/hr.

Don't forget the cost to purchase and maintain the X-Ray equipment, X-Ray films, not to mention all the overhead (utilities, rent, maintenance) that goes along with running a medical center. Just because there's two minutes of face time with the patient certainly doesn't mean there's only two man-minutes of work being done...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that speaks to both the difference between American and Canadian societies - we don't at heart cooperate as well and we think of life as bellum omnium contra omnes or "devil take the hindmost" - and the pervasiveness of the anti-single-payer propaganda effort over the last decade or so.

I don't think Canadians and Americans are really so different at heart. And if Canadians aren't more vigilant about protecting public health care and remaining true to our values, we could end up with similar problems in the future.

For me, a society is truly great if people are able to live (and die) with dignity, regardless of race or class. We still have a long way to go, but I think access to health care is the foundation of that dream.

Tommy Douglas said it best, "My friends, watch out for the little fellow [fat guy] with an idea."

For me, a society is truly great if people are able to live (and die) with dignity, regardless of race or class. We still have a long way to go, but I think access to health care is the foundation of that dream.

:thumbup

:wub

From today's NYT:

The Waiting Game

By PAUL KRUGMAN

Being without health insurance is no big deal. Just ask President Bush.

Just got back from this. Michael Moore is a Great American, and this country is for shit when it comes to taking care of people who need help.